SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Hard Times, Ohio State! Getting Excited!!

Buckaroo Bubba

Just sent in my registration form for the Ohio State Championships!! Only about two months away!!

Can't wait to see my friends who I only get to see there and to meet some new folks as well..

That has been my favorite part, being able to meet some of the "Big Names and Characters" in our sport.

We had the honor of shooting with Straight Arrow and Deuce last year along with some other of our new friends from Indiana and Michigan! What a great group!!

(Even though Straight Arrow took his shots at us Ohio Boys)

Mean Gun Mark and Boaz and their crew do such a great job with this match!

Ok, who else is getting excited for this??????????

Bubba

app went out yastiday!!!  gonna be another gud wun ndede!!!  

nope... got a pretty, new white shirt tho..

6 hours ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Just sent in my registration form for the Ohio State Championships!! Only about two months away!!

Can't wait to see my friends who I only get to see there and to meet some new folks as well..

That has been my favorite part, being able to meet some of the "Big Names and Characters" in our sport.

We had the honor of shooting with Straight Arrow and Deuce last year along with some other of our new friends from Indiana and Michigan! What a great group!!

(Even though Straight Arrow took his shots at us Ohio Boys)

Mean Gun Mark and Boaz and their crew do such a great job with this match!

Ok, who else is getting excited for this??????????

Bubba

One thing's fer sure there Bubba, you've definitely met some "characters" in that crew. 

Cant wait til it gets here!!!!

1 hour ago, Short Term Emory said:

One thing's fer sure there Bubba, you've definitely met some "characters" in that crew. 

Cant wait til it gets here!!!!

No joke there... namely that Straight Arrow Character!! oh and don't forget Mingo!!

36 minutes ago, Blood Washed SASS #79269 said:

I've only been to one Ohio State....It was fun enough for me to go back this year......yeee haaaw

BW.. you definitely need to go back this year.. I want to be able to spend some time with you and TK..

All I remember from the last time I was there was the cookout. They had Bob-Bo-Q'd a steer and everyone got a huge hunk of meat that was delish. Looking forward to that and hopefully some big ole close up targets that I can hit! See ya there!

This shoot has been making huge improvements in the last few years, and is such a fun match to shoot!  If you're considering this match, I really encourage you to come out!  I'm planning my summer externships around it, and looking forward to a great time!

(My chicken rescued from some up-to-no-good livestock thieves may also be making a reappearance :))

Sage Chick

I just found out today it looks like I will not be able to attend, just as I was getting ready to order ammo and get my application in. We are down to one assistant manager and two supervisors, when we used to have two and three. The other supervisor asked for vacation time starting the Saturday of the match.:(

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, DocWard said:

I just found out today it looks like I will not be able to attend, just as I was getting ready to order ammo and get my application in. We are down to one assistant manager and two supervisors, when we used to have two and three. The other supervisor asked for vacation time starting the Saturday of the match.:(

need to talk with kaya, she can teach the proper cough,

youre gonna see a new revamped led mine stage and the replacement of the gallows with a new rail station. also if plans work out a new distillery stage sponsored by none other than max montana and his alley cat lounge.....lots of work to get done but were determined to make this the best ohio state match ever!....and returning will be big oz and his barnyard and the perennial favorite "gamer" stage

19 minutes ago, mean gun mark said:

youre gonna see a new revamped led mine stage and the replacement of the gallows with a new rail station. also if plans work out a new distillery stage sponsored by none other than max montana and his alley cat lounge.....lots of work to get done but were determined to make this the best ohio state match ever!....and returning will be big oz and his barnyard and the perennial favorite "gamer" stage

What kind of critters will be in the barnyard?

14 minutes ago, Straight Arrow Hombre said:

What kind of critters will be in the barnyard?

Does it matter what kind?? You Michigan boys will steal anything...

42 minutes ago, mean gun mark said:

need to talk with kaya, she can teach the proper cough,

If it wouldn't completely screw over some people, there would be a cough, fever, you name it. 

this years theme is the movie "the magnificent 7" the older movie with yul brenner and numerous other stars, also the new remake of he movie and even a nod to the original seven samurai movie. watching all three movies getting the starting lines. I have to admit research and getting lines is my favorite part of stage writing.. Our monthly matches  have a way of lines from whatever movie is on sat night when I usually write them for the next day. We have done the godfather, all the standard westerns, toy story, star trek and other sci fi. of course young Frankenstein  around Halloween. blazing saddles to many times to count, etc.   so you need to study up so you all  recognize the lines...

There will be a Doily Gang Ladies Clinic at this match on Friday, May 26th, 2017 (8:30 AM to 11:30 AM).
Instructors: Honey B Quick, Renegade Roper, Sage Chick, Shamrock Sadie, Two Sons
Registration: Contact the Doily Gang at info@doilygang.com for more details and to register by May 19th.

37 minutes ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

There will be a Doily Gang Ladies Clinic at this match on Friday, May 26th, 2017 (8:30 AM to 11:30 AM).
Instructors: Honey B Quick, Renegade Roper, Sage Chick, Shamrock Sadie, Two Sons
Registration: Contact the Doily Gang at info@doilygang.com for more details and to register by May 19th.

Sadie,

If I wear a dress and a bonnet, can I be in the class?

If not I'll just hang out with Knot!

On March 26, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Michigan Slim said:

Doc, what is this "order ammo" you speak of?

I don't as of yet, reload, and I can't trade Mean Gun Mark for ammo forever!

7 hours ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Sadie,

If I wear a dress and a bonnet, can I be in the class?

If not I'll just hang out with Knot!

Judge...in think Knot would really love some company!  ; )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like I may be able to attend after all. Unfortunately, the supervisor that asked for the time off had to take time away from the job to help out with his old business that he ran with his father, because his father is quite ill. I would rather work than have that, but it is what it is. At the same time, we have hired a new supervisor, who should be up to speed by that point. My assistant manager asked if I still wanted to have the time off, and I said "of course."

Now I just need to scrape up some money for entry and ammo and get my application submitted. (I spent what I had put back, assuming I wasn't going to be shooting--lesson learned)

I hope my guns stay in one piece this year.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Hopefully your ammo is better than a couple of years ago.:rolleyes:

I certainly hope so!

9 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Hopefully your ammo is better than a couple of years ago.:rolleyes:

Never get your ammo from "Squibs 'R' Us"

Well, the latest turn of events! When I asked Mrs. Doc if she would like to come to the banquet this year, she asked me what date it was. When I told her, she reminded me that we have a wedding to attend Saturday at 4:30. Looks like I will shoot as many stages as possible on Saturday, fly home, change, and go to the wedding. If I can't shoot all the stages Saturday... Well, let's just say my placing in Duelist will be consistent over three years time... :blush:

Of course, the Saturday evening festivities are among my favorite parts, but what is a fella to do? I told her I might need to show up in my cowboy duds. She wasn't amused.

Edit: The wedding is on Sunday. Something going right. Hopefully I will be able to finish.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I got good news and bad news fer yu fellas.....the good news fer me is this is now a definite maybe leaning towards heck yeah...the bad news fer yu Ohio fellas is that now yu gotta put up wit me.....as of this time tomorrow (weather permitting, dang rain!!!!) I should be at my new place of residence in yer fine state.....   :P:P:P

Archived