SASS Wire Forum

Choice of weapon for the imminent Zombie Apocalypse

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Please No pictures....Not even them darn cats....

TL

I dunt let no one point cameras at me ifn' I kin help it.....

I'd get a Bug-A-Salt gun.  It's a $40 plastic gun that shoots table salt.  I get great fun hunting and killing flies with this weapon.  Plus, a single grain of salt will evaporate a zombies.

CAUTION: Flies are shown being killed in the below video.

On March 21, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ruger 10/22 and a bunch of 25 round mags. :D

That'd be my choice for the zombies. Along with a .22 pistol or two.

How about a Colt SAA from a B-Western?  They never run outa bullets!

Audie Murphy has about 240 confirmed kills in WWII and carried a wimpy M1 Carbine as an enlisted soldier before he carried a Thompson as a Lt.

Duke Wayne, in the final fight scene in Stagecoach, only loaded three rounds in his Win 92 to go against three bad hombres, and needed no more.

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

But what about that new shotgun you just bought?

Badger, this is California.  There's a goodly period of time between "bought" and "got."   *:-&lt sigh

On 3/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

1911A1 .45acp, Ithica Model 37 shogun 12gauge, Colt AR15 M4, and for the longer range shots my M1 Garand .30-06.

I always figured you had good taste.

I recently bought a "new" (as in unfired pristine) Model 37 made in about 1960.  The last one I owned was in 1973 and I sold it before I went to Iwakuni. Has the old style fore-end with the concentric rings.  Also has an un-ribbed 30" full choke barrel and a gold bead front sight instead of the fiber optic one.

Still the best pump gun made.

Thanks Forty Rod.  I used a Model 37 for the majority of my career with the LA Sheriff's Dept.  I am very familiar with it and extremely confident in my ability to solve any shotgun related tactical issue using it.  The one I own has had all the internal parts polished.  It is the smoothest action I have ever used on one of these Ithicas.  It also has my challenge coins inlayed in the stock.

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Badger, this is California.  There's a goodly period of time between "bought" and "got."   *:-&lt sigh

Well, choot 'em with the BOUGHT, until you get the GOT!

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

What would you pull out of the safe for the coming Zombie Apocalypse? 

If there is time to run to the LGS, what would you be looking for?

The brain I left behind when I started believing in Zombies.:lol:

If they were the slow "Walking Dead" type. I would pick three weapons.

My main would be an auto rifle such as my M1 Garand, or any high capacity semi-auto. I would prefer a SBR with a silencer or a bull-pup such as a Tabor with silencer.

I would then have a handgun. My Springfield XD40 would be a good choice. Powerful and decent capacity. Lots of mags for the guns.

Final weapon would be a bladed weapon such as a sword, machete, or large Bowie knife. I'm thinking something like a cavalry saber, a grosse messer, or a falchion for a sword. Or something like the 20+" blade Confederate D-handled bowie knives.

For the running zombies. I think I'd only need one gun with one bullet....

For reality I think I'd stop taking drugs, stop watching Walking Dead and seek professional help.

20 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

So, when you blast a fly on your food with the salt, where does its blood and guts go?

YEP..... on your food.   

..........Widder

Widder, one of the nice things about this gun is there are no blood and guts like with a fly swatter.  However, there generally body parts laying about.  From the main body, mostly just wings and legs.  Did see a head once.:P

Just now, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I'm telling you folks.  The only thing that will defeat a zombie is salt.  You need to get those Bug-A-Salt guns for the sake of your children.-_-

Always heard... if you sprinkle salt on a quail's a$$... you can catch him.  May have to buy one of them guns... and come out to AZ... and go "Birdgun Quail" huntin'...

ts

Stubby, you just ain't right, boy.  But, your thinkin' always was one that kept me interested.  You redefine "thinking outside the box."  :D

Just so's everybody knows.  You can catch a quail if'n you sprinkle salt under his/her tail feathers.  But you must use a salt shaker. :P

Zombies need to be blasted with salt.  -_-

For flies I use a 1-gallon Craftsman shop vac. No muss, no fuss. Zzzzuuuuuupp! When they hit the filter it kills 'em. When the vac gets heavy I dump 'em in the can at the street.

I don't know nothin' 'bout killin' no zombies, Miz Scarlet.

Just now, Alpo said:

For flies I use a 1-gallon Craftsman shop vac. No muss, no fuss. Zzzzuuuuuupp! When they hit the filter it kills 'em. When the vac gets heavy I dump 'em in the can at the street.

I don't know nothin' 'bout killin' no zombies, Miz Scarlet.

You got so many friggin' fly's... flyin' 'round... you can suck 'em up with a shop vac?  Gosh... ehhwwww...

When you do this... do you wear a bandana over yore nose and mouth?  Just askin'...

ts 

1 hour ago, Tennessee Stud said:

You have a "therapist" squirred-away in yore safe?

Impressive.

Do you let him out to use the bathroom?

ts

actually she's in the back bedroom....and only comes out to use the bathroom or to eat.....

Archived