SASS Wire Forum

2017 SASS Western Regional - update

Roger Rapid

Dear Cowboys and Cowgirls….

If you are joining us for the 23 Annual Chorro Valley ShootOut / 2017 SASS Western Regional and bringing your trailer, I thought I’d suggest some places to camp before the CVR ranges opens for camping (on Monday, August 7, 2017), in the event you want to head out early and enjoy some of the great things to do on California’s Central Coast.

Morro Bay State Park: Here's a great camping spot located across the road from Morro Bay Marina. They have both hookup and dry camping sites, and a dump station. There's a great restaurant (Bayside Cafe) in the marina, and the town of Morro Bay is a nice place to visit (both the town and the harbor area with its abundant shops and seafood restaurants). This is a wonderful campground to enjoy prior to coming to the CVR range, and is only 6 miles north of our range. Make your reservations on: reserveamerica.com and enter "Morro Bay SP, CA.”  I urge you to reserve early as this is a popular site that fills up quickly.

El Chorro Regional Park: Another wonderful camping spot, smaller and a bit more secluded than Morro Bay State Park. They have both hookup and dry camping. This campground is located 3 miles south of our range. To make your reservations, go to:  slocountyparks.com  click on "Camp," and then "El Chorro." Reserve early as it fills up, too.

ARRIVING AT CVR: We'll be ready to accept you to our camping area on Monday, August 7, 2017. Our camping hosts will be at the gate to welcome you and lead you to your assigned site.

MATCH REGISTRATION: If you have not yet registered, you can process your entire registration on line with a few easy keystrokes – including selecting your camping spots – you'll find our registration system at: www.chorrovalleyregulators.com

Once you register for the event, you will be prompted to enter the camping reservation section. When on that page, you’ll see a map of the campsite. Green squares are available sites, orange sites are reserved but not yet paid for, and red spaces are assigned (drag your cursor over the sites and you’ll see who reserved it). Please note that we have a lot of early registrations this year and camping spaces are being grabbed - now’s a good time to register!

QUESTIONS: Need more help? Please don’t hesitate to PM me.

Don’t miss this great match!

Roger Rapid

Archived