SASS Wire Forum

Brady's jersey recovered

The thief was an accredited member of the international news media who had done obviously done this many times. It is known that he did this sort of crime three times.  The understory is that he did it 20 or 30 times and the only items that he could not sell on the black market were one donkeys helmet and two Brady jerseys because there are so many Brady haters in the world.

18 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, come on now.  Folks hereabouts get all wound up about the theft of $1000 worth of pistols from their car outside a motel, and start a national search for matching serial numbers at local pawn shops throughout the area; 

More than one Cowboy has shouted "Git a rope!" when some relatively petty crime is reported on the Wire;

Here, $500,000 - $800,000 of memorabilia is stolen in the US, and transported across the border; in the words of the Texas Rangers involved, it was a "matter of national pride" to find the perp and recover the goods.

Doesn't matter if its football jerseys or diamond rings or fancy sports cars; it's extremely valuable property, and the police and the Rangers and the FBI (when international movement of stolen goods is involved) have a sworn duty to enforce the law, apprehend the criminal(s) and, if possible, recover the goods.

Set aside your disinterest in pro sports, or your misplaced distaste for all things Brady; he was the victim of a rather stupendous property crime, and the lawmen did their jobs.

Hurray!

LL

I have no problem with law enforcement resources being used to pursue the theft of a valuable piece of property.

My issue is the "value" that our society has placed upon the jersey.  Kind of sad really.

18 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, come on now.  Folks hereabouts get all wound up about the theft of $1000 worth of pistols from their car outside a motel, and start a national search for matching serial numbers at local pawn shops throughout the area; 

More than one Cowboy has shouted "Git a rope!" when some relatively petty crime is reported on the Wire;

Here, $500,000 - $800,000 of memorabilia is stolen in the US, and transported across the border; in the words of the Texas Rangers involved, it was a "matter of national pride" to find the perp and recover the goods.

Doesn't matter if its football jerseys or diamond rings or fancy sports cars; it's extremely valuable property, and the police and the Rangers and the FBI (when international movement of stolen goods is involved) have a sworn duty to enforce the law, apprehend the criminal(s) and, if possible, recover the goods.

Set aside your disinterest in pro sports, or your misplaced distaste for all things Brady; he was the victim of a rather stupendous property crime, and the lawmen did their jobs.

Hurray!

LL

I have no problem with law enforcement resources being used to pursue the theft of a valuable piece of property.

My issue is the "value" that our society has placed upon the jersey.  Kind of sad really.

5 hours ago, Tennessee Stud said:

It's jus a friggin' shirt... was in der verdammte hölle gehst leute verärgert über weiter?

Good grief... it's just a dang shirt!!  Major news for the world... or a comforting distraction?  hmmm...  Five folks over in England... sterben and we are over here salivating oltre nothin'...

When and if it treffer zu hause... it may get more attention.  Depends if folks can look up from their I-phones.

Marshal Mo... no criticism of you and this post.   But nothin' is right these days.

ts

No problem.  I really posted it as a "look, the FBI spent millions on this investigation, let no stone go unturned"

Future date:   COngressional Budget Hearings:

congressman:  Director, what has the FBI done for us lately about international terrorism?

FBI Director:  We found Tom Brady's jersey.  The public was terrified that they return to their lockers after a workout and be missing a critical item of apparel.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

To me, this is more about what's proffered as "news". It was one of the leads from the Associated Press as well as our local umm... "news" outlet. I'm thinkin' there just has be something more important to write about.

Since the Associated Press is the only outlet for news in this country, what they say is news is news, and what they choose to ignore is not news.

Archived