SASS Wire Forum

Verizon Wireless/FIOS users

We use Verizon FIOS for home email, and Verizon Wireless for cell phones.  My use has been seamless and reliable.

Mrs. LL, however, has suddenly had a run of tough luck.  Trying to use her e-mail on either her laptop or her cell phone (trying to delete, forward or send) she gets a message, indicating that the server does not recognize her email address.

We compared our settings, and hers (other than her address) are exactly the same as mine.  She has had her email address for over 10 years.  Her phone and laptop are relatively new, up to date, and Symantec protected.  She has had no other issues.  This just came out of the blue.

Took her devices to Verizon Wireless; they suggested that she download the Verizon App on her phone, which she did; problem solved (but no explanation of why she needs to access email via the app while I can still use the ordinary website access.)  On the laptop, she had to change to a different browser (Firefox) to work around the problem.

Seems strange to me that Verizon could have a glitch that significant.  Or that it only shows up on her devices, and not mine.

Anyone else having similar hang-ups?

LL

Archived