SASS Wire Forum

Miracle Spring Water

When I was a kid my folks forced me to go to...I mean, took me, to a tent revival where the "guy in charge" sold "Miracle Spring Water" (the all white label with black lettering said that and only that). It came in what was probably 1 - 2 oz bottle.

i didn't realize that huckster was so good at his bull sh...uh, message that he's gotten Costco involved.:D

Just to be clear, when it's sold at Costco, it's sold as ordinary spring water for drinking.  If you are talking about Peter Popof, supposedly he re-bottles it as "Miracle Spring Water" and sends it to folks in exchange for donations.  Costco is not involved in this process.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/04/19/the-miracle-water-came-from-costco-and-other-secrets-of-a-crooked-televangelist/

A new label that reads "Snake Oil" might be more appropriate.

LL

16 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It comes from Costco

I've been told the French started the bottled water craze many years ago.  That could be.  Clever, the French... sometimes.

Look at what Evian spells backwards.  :lol:

Forty, remember Perrier?

That stuff was all the rage in SoCal in the 80's.

I bought 1 bottle. It smelled like sewer water when you uncapped it. I dumped it out. The people I was with were shocked...some of them had Evian...go figure.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Well, nobody would drink from the Seine.

Yeah...THAT would be a miracle.

Archived