SASS Wire Forum

To me, nothing says cowboy more than a sawed off shotgun.   Not sure that I really needed one but wife bought me  the new Mossberg Shockwave for my birthday.  A legal 14" shotgun.  Does not require any additional paperwork or fees.   Fired off a dozen BP shells last night after getting home in the dark.   Really did scare the bush, not sure if it was hit or not.  Son shot it 6 times as fast as he could and laughing the whole time.  Nice bunch of flames and recoil was not at all what I thought it would be.   Going to use it at the next local shoot, even though it is not legal per SASS rules...

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

I was looking on line at one two days ago and thinking...Could I get one into California...Called the company and found out they will not be shipping till early summer...I will have to wait and see if they come into our fine state...We have experts who make these fine decisions... 

Texas Lizard

In a wait and see....What our great experts say....

Texas Lizard,

I truly doubt that they will be allowed due to the laws regarding the lengths of shotgun barrels in CA. I believe that the Shockwave will be "law enforcement only"...but I hope I am wrong.

went to gun show today to try and get a flashlight  mount for it .   Not sure I like it sticking out to  the side.   Dont you know it will not fit down inside my pocket of my blue jeans now...   Anyhow one gunsmith would not even touch it claimed you could go to jail just by touching it.  Did not want to listen to why it was legal with a 14 inch barrel.  Could not explain why Mossberg would sell it if it was illegal.  Oh well.

Did shoot some Rio 21 count #4 buck tonight.  Recoil was manageable.  About 5 1/2" pattern at 25 feet with half the buck going through the old dry lid.  Son's Mossberg with 20" barrel had 6 1/2" pattern with all buckshot passing through the lid.  Most of 2 of the dents in my pattern did break a hole but not complete pass through.   Did loose some fps with the shorter barrel but still enough to 'make my day' if ever needed.

Archived