SASS Wire Forum

Bald Eagles

guitar_slinger

Very nice!!

Good work!  Thanks, I enjoyed your photos.

Excellent photos Guitar Slinger. It's one of the things I enjoy about the place I bought. We have a pair that regularly fish our lake.

Getting thick as crows around here. (Mid-Missouri, close to Missouri River.) As all manner of predatory birds. My sister and her husband drive around and take pictures of them. 

I got a picture of a golden eagle from one of my trail cams.  It's amazing how much bigger they are than bald.

I'm always astounded by their size.  Good photos.

Feral dowg ran down and killed this deer.  I put a trail cam by it to record what came to it a total of 22 different dowgs came to eat on it.  Only one has a collar.  The owner came looking for his dowg after it had been gone a week. It's the big one with the collar I don't know if he recovered it.    

Excellent photos Guitar Slinger , We have a couple that fly up the valley here. They are just beautiful.

10 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Feral dowg ran down and killed this deer.  I put a trail cam by it to record what came to it a total of 22 different dowgs came to eat on it.  Only one has a collar.  The owner came looking for his dowg after it had been gone a week. It's the big one with the collar I don't know if he recovered it.    

We had a large doe dead of strange circumstances.  Unmarked body with orange foam from mouth and nostrils.  No dogs and no coyotes touched her but a pair of eagles claimed her and they succeeded in reducing her to a pile of bones over about 10 days. Even the turkey vultures refused to touch her.

I have seen Bald Eagles in California and Oregon and every time I do my camera is always somewhere else. <_<

Great photos Guitar Slinger. :D

15 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It is a predator.  These days everybody wants a dove.

Actually they're as much scavengers as predators.They will take a fish from another bird before fishing themselves and are happy to dine on dead rabbits, coyotes and such.

(But we prefer our national symbol to be more majestic and fierce than that) ;)

I live on a Golf course  on a small lake in Central FL. We have a ton of Bald Eagles here, Have seen a few snatch fish out of our pond, stop up on the green (16th Hole) and chow down!  The other day a young Eagle even took a Squirrel out of the yard. I love them, on Dove!  Cheers  Hoss  C.

Thanks for the kind words Pards.

Several have asked where.  I live in Northern Kentucky just south of Cincinnati.  Most of these were shot within 45 minutes of my home.  Up at Brookville lake in Indiana, Hamilton, Ohio, and the marinas along Kellogg Avenue.  I've seen a couple at the Fernald Preserve just west and north of Cincinnati.  The first shot was taken at Macgee Marsh just outside of Toledo Ohio.

One thing I love about being retired is grabbing a camera and heading out to the fields, marshes and hiking trails to see what I can see.

By golly now those are delightful!

Eagles won't get their Great White Bald until they hit three years of age, we have several immature birds around our plant in Elyria.

Never realized how big they were until I found myself ten foot from one of 'em.

It sailed overhead and I nearly proned out when it did!

Howdy, Why is it that I always get some weird options I never want???

Anyhoo, that's what  posting pix is all about.

Eagles are around if you look.

Bald like fishin spots.

Best

CR

Archived