SASS Wire Forum

anyone familiar with the CZ527?

Trigger Mike

YES and YES....Fantastic little Mauser rifles.

Check out the trigger guard / magazine modification I do to them to make them even nicer

www.rvbprecision.com

I have several Makarovs and CZs, I know it is a box mag fed 7.62x39 bolt action rifle. I few people on the CZ Form said that it shoots pretty straight and they like it. They have said that the only draw-back they have noticed is that US brass ammo may not perform as well as the imported steel-cased stuff. From what I gathered from the form it had something to do with SAAMI brass dimensions and bullet diameters But they did like the low recoil. I have never seen or fired one so that is the best I can do, hope it helps.

Charlie

I just went back and found that he had given the following info to someone else,

He said he always ran either Wolf, Tula, or Hornady, and those have never given him any problems. Also, make sure to tighten the action screws down after every 100 rounds or so to maintain accuracy. He said the balance is excellent, it points naturally, and it is really fun to use; that the trigger is impressive: only 3.5 pounds with minimal creep. You could find a better built rifle but probably not for under $1000. Finally he said "This is the kind of rifle I’ll use and abuse regularly, and it will still end up in the hands of my grand kids.

I might have to check one of these out myself.

Charlie

Accuracy is outstanding....I have three of them...221FB, 222 and 223. All are well under minute guns

This past November, in Missouri, my buddy shot two deer. Both over 200 yards.....one with 7.62 x 39 and the other with a custom barreled 6.5 Grendel......Both CZ527 rifles.

Can't be beat for the $$ and fantastic fit and finish

Archived