SASS Wire Forum

Hidden Safety Feature On Cars

Subdeacon Joe

You'd be amazed at how many Colorado drivers do NOT signal for a lane change! There is another standard feature the officer didn't mention: the four-way flasher. This is controlled by a little square (usually) button on top of the steering column. One press turns it on, pressing it again turns it off. I use this whenever I back up out of a parallel parking space. I also use it if I hear an emergency vehicle coming, and pull over as best I can given the traffic (actually state law to pull over in Colorado).

I knew a gent who got tired of folks following too close behind him. He had a sedan with a trunk. He rigged the trunk release and when he pulled it there was revealed a (fake) cannon! I don't know how effective it was, nor how he got the trunk lid closed again, but it sure must have given that tailgater some food for thought! :wacko:

That's funny. I wonder how many people will actually learn something from this video?...Or maybe I should say, I wonder how many people know this but are too self-centered and ignorant to be courteous enough to use what they already know. If one sees this video and gets angry it may be a very good indicator that they are part of the problem.

That was well done, some don't seem to realize that headlights aren't just for dark---they work really well in the fog, snow or rain as well to let other drivers know your there.

There's a law here in Ohio that you must have your headlights on when it rains, many people ignore this too!!

There's a law here in Ohio that you must have your wipers on when it rains, many people ignore this too!!

You have to have your headlights on when your wipers are on in Ohio

You have to have your headlights on when your wipers are on in Ohio

Ha Ha~~~~ :lol::lol: I forgot to put that in there!!! DUH!!!! Thanks, I'll edit it. :blush:

As annoying as other drivers who don't use their turn signals are the ones that have them on all the time. You know, Oliver and Bernese going to town to get some chicken feed. They used their signals sometime ago but they didn't cancel out.

Drivers with light colored cars don't think they need headlights on in the pre-dawn and late evening or in fog or rain.

That was well done, some don't seem to realize that headlights aren't just for dark---they work really well in the fog, snow or rain as well to let other drivers know your there.

I tried to teach my kids that the two most important things to remember about driving were:

1) Make sure you can see the other guy. You can't avoid him if you can't see him.

2) Make sure the other guy can see you. He can't avoid you if he can't see you.

Angus

Archived