SASS Wire Forum

WTB Ruger Single sixes vaquero model 5 1/2" blue models

Blackey Cole

I'm wanting to buy a pair of ruger 22lr that are like the vaqueros we shoot bisley grips prefered blue or black coloring 5 1/2"-6" barrels Tia.

Look for a Ruger shopkeeper. I think that is what you were looking for. oops - just realized the shopkeeper is on the bearcat frame. Nice little pistol though...,

Blackey,

Well Ruger did make the Bisley Single Six with fixed sights several years ago. It was offered in a 6.5 inch barrel with a fluted cylinder and "yes" fixed sights. I had one back in the day and regret ever selling it. They also, years later, offered a stainless model with a 4 5/8ths barrel and fixed sights. It was a special run for Davidsons or someone like that. If my memory serves me the short barrel stainless model had an unfluted, engraved cylinder.

The blued 6.5 model was offered in 22 long rifle only, no mag. cylinder. I'm not sure on the stainless, short barrel. The blued 6.5's show up from time

to time, so good luck on your search.

Hope that helps and wish I could tell you where a pair are.

Adios,

Shorty

I have a pair of 3 screws 5 1/2 bbls in 22lr you might be interested in. NOT bisleys though.

I have the bisley with the fixed blade rear sight, I'm looking for the ones with the vaquero style frame in bisleys if possible I have two offers right now one is for bisleys the other I'm not sure but think not but might be the frame I'm looking for if needed I'll get them and order the bisley parts from ruger and build them myself but if the bisleys are the frame I. Looking for then I'll get those. Got the photos of the bisley Rugers and they are the non adjustable blade sights like I have one of already so I. Still thinking on them but I really only need one of those 22s

• 2 weeks later...

Ruger made them in a 50 th anniversary model with gold lettering and rosewood handles with 5.5 barrels I have a pair that my son started cas with.

Archived