SASS Wire Forum

New SASS Category: Classic Gunfighter!

Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580

I have shot CC for years as a Double Duelist. I will never shot a category that mentions Steampunk, or for that matter use two hands on my pistols. \\Cheers,,Hoss C,

I have said for a long time that you should be able to shoot gunfighter in the existing Classic Cowboy category. Love shooting the hammered shotgun.

This is backwards. Nothing stops you from using hammered doubles and 40 cal or larger in any category and your Classic cowboy duds work in any category except B-Western.

This is backwards. Nothing stops you from using hammered doubles and 40 cal or larger in any category and your Classic cowboy duds work in any category except B-Western.

From a competitive stand point it does, but otherwise you're right. That's already what I do but with the addition of a little black powder smoke.

That's not the point, Joe. This would be a case of have to, not you can if you want to... :D

Dang, I never thought anybody would take this whole thing quite so serious!

Ain't so crazy :wacko: We've had BP variation of this approved for NC State and SE Regional since 2008-2009.....called "Frontier Cowboy"; Same rules as Classic Cowboy, except must use BP and any one-hand shooting style (D, DD, GF) ;) I think the state min. was 5 shooters. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Enough talking about it

HOW DO WE GET IT PASTED

First, you need to make Hell freeze over.

Clubs have the power to make this a local category. To make it required by all matches will require a lot of ice.

Clubs have the power to make this a local category. To make it required by all matches will require a lot of ice.

Just check the regulations in Hell

There is a life time ban on all known and unknown types of refrigerants

Can I shoot CC, GF, frontier cartage, outlaw?

That's an interesting question. I think you could shoot all of them in three out of four of the categories listed. I might be wrong. Can one shoot outlaw style as a gunfighter? I can't recall ever reading anything stating otherwise, unless someone wants to try to claim unsafe gun handling. I'm also not certain if there are outlaw subcategories.

I think some may have had their Sense of Humor surgically removed a Birth :o:ph34r:

And it's pretty obvious that some people only read the opening post before they reply... :D

Can I shoot CC, GF, frontier cartage, outlaw?

Hmm, no smilies so I'll assume you are serious.

If you are asking whether you can shoot all this together: classic cowboy requirements except GF instead of duelist, and do it shooting BP, from the hip... then yes, if the club allows the shooting from the hip. Many won't. The class you would be shooting would be either GF (or Sr GF if old enough), or FCGF, whichever you wish to sign up for.

If you are asking whether you could shoot a category that is called CC, GF, FC, Outlaw... then no, unless a club wanted to allow it.

Archived