SASS Wire Forum

Looking for fake ivory grips for Uberti 1860 Army frame

Ivery Keys #11974

Looking for some myself. I found a couple of names so far, but have no experience with them. Gripmaker.com, tombstonegrips.com, buffalobrothers.net and truivory.com. Since the 1860 grips are one piece, replacement grips are three pieces, one of which is a spacer joining the left and right sides. All look to require fitting, to some extent.

Tex

I have bought and installed two sets from Gripmaker (raised eagle design) and also two sets of checkered style from Gungrips. Both required considerable fitting. I'm not a pro, but I took my time and they came out pretty nice. None of them were perfect ( the checkered had tiny bubble holes that appeared as you sanded the edges down, the eagles tended to hold black fowling from your hands) overall they were good for shooting irons. I would recommend both considering their price compared to other options.

Patrick Grashorn made me a set of beautiful no bark elk grips for a pair of Cimarrons I own. The look is ivory like, plus has the added bonus of being a real material. I'll try to get a picture linked in a bit.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/JulySmithSASS/image1_zpsheqcixv6.jpg

Hello Pard, I can certainly make those for you, in Elk Bone or other materials. If you would like, contact me at patgrashorn@gmail.com if you have any questions our website is www.grashornsgunworks.com which shows some examples. Thank you Patrick aka Executioner 19733

Archived