SASS Wire Forum

Well...The Game So Far

Subdeacon Joe

So much depends upon your locale and your team loyalties.

For us in NE, last night was the stuff that dreams are made of. After almost 2 years of battling with the NFL commissioner, ESPN vindictiveness, court hearings, beyond belief nastiness in the press, and extremely divisive partisan bickering among fans and non-fans, we finally got to settle this the way that counts the most - on the field. If you appreciate football on any level, you could not help but admire Brady's performance last night. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Pats put on one heck of a football show in the last quarter, after just about everyone had counted them dead and buried.

I felt bad for Atlanta; they played well and hard, but ran out of gas in the 3rd and suffered from some questionable play calls that left them high and dry at crucial moments.

Great game; probably the best Super Bowl game I've ever seen (but then I'm prejudiced).

Big parade in Boston on Tuesday; snow is expected, but will probably only add to the festivities. ;)

LL

I heard this stat on the radio and since it was radio, I don't have it recorded. Can anyone confirm the numbers?

In 93 previous playoff games where a team was leading by 19 or more points going into the fourth quarter, the leading team won the game 93 times.

Is that right? Now 93 and 1 of course.

Absolutely correct, Marshal.

http://mytoba.ca/sports/football/nfl/93-1-super-bowl-li-numbers/

Simply against all odds. I wonder what odds you could have gotten on the Pats to win at the 28-3 point?

LL

It was simply the most enjoyable game I have seen in years! If we had seen this in a movie, we all would just be shaking our heads about that Hollywood ending.

Congratulations to the Patriots and all their fans.

So much depends upon your locale and your team loyalties.

For us in NE, last night was the stuff that dreams are made of. After almost 2 years of battling with the NFL commissioner, ESPN vindictiveness, court hearings, beyond belief nastiness in the press, and extremely divisive partisan bickering among fans and non-fans, we finally got to settle this the way that counts the most - on the field. If you appreciate football on any level, you could not help but admire Brady's performance last night. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Pats put on one heck of a football show in the last quarter, after just about everyone had counted them dead and buried.

I felt bad for Atlanta; they played well and hard, but ran out of gas in the 3rd and suffered from some questionable play calls that left them high and dry at crucial moments.

Great game; probably the best Super Bowl game I've ever seen (but then I'm prejudiced).

Big parade in Boston on Tuesday; snow is expected, but will probably only add to the festivities. ;)

LL

About 5 minutes into the 3rd both my wife and I commented that Atlanta was lacking the zip, or something, they had in the first half. I realized that they had switched from playing to win to playing not to lose. Pretty much any time a team does that they are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

My hat's off to the Patriots. They looked deep within themselves and brought out that extra effort. Fantasy football played out in real life.

It was simply the most enjoyable game I have seen in years! If we had seen this in a movie, we all would just be shaking our heads about that Hollywood ending.

Congratulations to the Patriots and all their fans.

I almost turned the game off, "Yeah, NE won't be able to catch up." Shows what I know.

I fell asleep sometime in the 3rd quarter. It was 21-3 or something like that! My son texted me and said, "Never give up on Brady", I woke up and the game was in reach of NE!!! I then proceeded to watch the best overtime game ever!

Congrats to the Patriots! ;)

I am not a big fan of New England. I am also, not a big fan of Atlanta. I watched the game for the football alone.

No emotional attachment. Just football. By the end of the first half, I was ready to take a nap. But since it was the

last game of this season, I watched on. Skipped the half time show. By the end of the third quarter, I suspected that

Brady had a bunny in his helmet, but he was having trouble getting a firm hold on it. I noticed that they started passing

for the first in 10 markers rather than the end zone, and they started to move the ball. The fourth quarter was amazing

and they will be talking about it for many years. Like Brady and Belichick or not, they are great football people..

Take nothing away from Brady, but there are so many components to that win than just him. There's an entire team, coaching staff, planet alignment, ju ju, you name it. If any one of those links in the chain had broken, the story would be quite different.

A great game for the ages...

Archived