SASS Wire Forum

SASS Allowable, Yes/No?

Dead Eye Raith

My 73 has a rubber butt plate. Is this SASS legal? I can't find anything in the rules that says its not as long as it was made of materials of the time. I know rubber has been around for a long time, but I don't know when it began being used on rifle butt plates. Any help would be appreciated.

can't be adjustable. lots of folks use a rubber pad, if its not "period" they put a leather cover over it. I have a rather ugly slip on pad on my Marlin 1895 45-70. sure tames the recoil, but it hurts my eye to look at it. I put a leather cover over it!

can't be adjustable. lots of folks use a rubber pad, if its not "period" they put a leather cover over it. I have a rather ugly slip on pad on my Marlin 1895 45-70. sure tames the recoil, but it hurts my eye to look at it. I put a leather cover over it!

Hoss,

Get a lace on recoil pad / Butt Cover made by Action Products. They look period correct and the pad works well. I have them on my 1871, 1895 and my Handi Rifle.

They are available in multiple sizes from Buffalo Arms.

Action products also owns Kick Killer.

KickKillerLaceUp311x300__38940.144717449

Edited by Sedalia Dave