SASS Wire Forum

WANTED...Ruger Case Colored NM Vaquero / 38

Rancho Roy

Now my grand daughter want to start shooting SASS! Took her to one match and the "very nice people" got her into shooting and she's hooked

I have a rifle and shotgun for her and one revolver.... but I need a second Ruger NM Vaquero, 4 5/8 barrel, case colored frame, 38/357

Anyone got one they want to part with?

rvb100@comcast.net

Now my grand daughter want to start shooting SASS! Took her to one match and the "very nice people" got her into shooting and she's hooked

I have a rifle and shotgun for her and one revolver.... but I need a second Ruger NM Vaquero, 4 5/8 barrel, case colored frame, 38/357

Anyone got one they want to part with?

rvb100@comcast.net

I don't believe such a gun exists. Old model vaquero's were offered with the fake case hardened frame, but new models do not have that option as far as I know.

I don't believe such a gun exists. Old model vaquero's were offered with the fake case hardened frame, but new models do not have that option as far as I know.

Ruger made them. I have two in .38 special that are my main match guns. If the finish is in good shape they are very nice looking guns.

Because the faux color case wasn't very durable on some guns, Ruger would replace it with a blue finish for free.

I have a third but the faux color case is not in very good shape. Where is is worn it has taken on a weathered patina look.

Edited by Sedalia Dave

I think you are looking for the 510- series on the serial number, for the Ruger New Model Vaquero in 357Mag with the color case hardening frame. At least the ones that I have had and still have, are in that range.

They are kinda hard to find, but crop up once in a while, usually in a gun auction site or gunbroker/gunsamerica websites. I just sold a pair recently, so they can be found. Price ranges from 5-600 per gun. Unless there is some modifications/action job done to them.

Good luck on your quest.

Reason I'm looking for a second one is I bought the first one last weekend for $299!

I just might convert the 45LC that I have to 38. Cylinders and barrels might be available at Numrich. Or I'll buy a blued 38 and swap the barrel and cylinders and then sell the 45LC with a blued frame.