SASS Wire Forum

Improving Morale at Work

Sedalia Dave

The moral(e) of this post is that you can never please management.

If you actually did please them once, the bar is now raised to a completely unachievable level.

True.

Management has no sense of humor..

Largo

If you believe that, you didn't hang around in HR after you asked for that raise...........................................to hear 'em giggle!!!!

Mgmt never understands and at oft times, looks down their noses at US working class folks.

Like one Christmas, our office had a party where everyone brought a dish from home with a favorite 'recipe'.

Well, I happen to have an ole oriental recipe that I thought would really enlighten everyones holiday spirits.

During the luncheon, a couple folks enquired as to the flavorful dish I brought from home and I told them it was...'Tennessee Long Tail Rabbit'.

They said..... "Tennessee Long Tail Rabbit. Never heard of it".

I looked at them and said..... "CAT".

They just don't have a sense of humor..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder, not at work,but at a church supper. We had a new pastor so I made chili for the pot luck supper. The pastors

wife told me how much she like it. I looked at her with a deadpan face and said " I didn't know you liked squirrel.

The look on her face was priceless.

One question....What's the Coke for? I understand the whiskey but Coke? Y'all are butchering yer liquor, that or you need better liquor.

Widder, not at work,but at a church supper. We had a new pastor so I made chili for the pot luck supper. The pastors

wife told me how much she like it. I looked at her with a deadpan face and said " I didn't know you liked squirrel.

The look on her face was priceless.

Wait till someone brags on how well your fried seafood tastes and you explain that Mountain Oysters do not come from the ocean. :ph34r:

Wait till someone brags on how well your fried seafood tastes and you explain that Mountain Oysters do not come from the ocean. :ph34r:

:o

now that is a classic.

And I can hear someone asking..... "where did you get the Mtn Oysters"?

..........Widder

When I worked for Civil Service, I had a terrific boss, who was actually Director, Civil Service.

But she also knew that I would make up a bunch of stuff to tell everyone, as though she said it. I think she thought it was kinda funny and added a little flavor to the office.

Anyhow, anytime I had to go to her office about anything, I would sometimes walk out of her office going backdown a hallway to my office and I would loudly tell everyone..... "Vicki says there won't be any pay raises until morale improves".

..........Widder

I actually had a Plant Manager tell me " the reason we don't train our supervisors is that we don't want them to know how badly we manage ".

Imis