SASS Wire Forum

2017 Kansas Black Powder Championship May 5-7 **updated 4-1-17**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Forcast is looking good for the match... 70s with a light wind!  Yeeha!

I saw that. Be a great weekend! :D

1 hour ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Do you have an address of the range I can feed my GPS?

I don't pard... Best I got is this link. http://www.butterfieldgulch.com/contact.html

But if you get to Chapman and need some help to the range... don't hesitate to give me a call on my cell (785) 738-7877.  I will help you get there.

Major

Yeah, saw that page.  I'm not real good at reading street signs, so it often helps to have the GPS tell me where to turn.  I'm sure I'll figure it out.

43 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Yeah, saw that page.  I'm not real good at reading street signs, so it often helps to have the GPS tell me where to turn.  I'm sure I'll figure it out.

When you take the exit off off interstate for Chapman.. you just go south straight through town.  We will have signs up that help with where you need to turn.

Grizz, when you get off at the Chapman exit, go south through town and a few miles south of town turn left on 2200 road (they usually put up cowboy signs). If I remember right the road will come to an end after about a miles and turn left, and then when you see the Butterfield Gulch signs, you are there

Thanks guys, as I'll be coming in after an early morning and long days drive it's nice to have a good idea where I'm going, I'll make some notes.  The cowboy signs will help.

Good weather, fun range and great people!  I can't wait.  It will be hard not to get a speeding ticket on the way there.

Cinco de Mayo celebration on the range!  I can only hope.

Cinco de Mayo celebrated with lots of black powder smoke!!!

Yee Haw!

:D

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, Flinthills Dawg said:

all gun side match consist of yor main match rifle, main match revolvers, main match shotgun, pocket pistol, derringer, a 1911, and a big bore rifle

Flinthills Dawg,

How many mags do I need to bring for the 1911 part of the all gun? All so how many rounds of big bore rifle do I need?

Just got home and unloaded and finally have a chance to sit down in something I'm not driving on I-70.

Many thanks to Dawg, Willie, Major Art and all the others at Butterfield Gulch for an awesome weekend!

Also many thanks to posse 1 for helping me along this weekend, toting my irons and whatever else I needed.

I got some vids, and will get them up when I process them, but don't know that I have the ooompf tonight.

If you're looking for a match to fill in your schedule, check out Butterfield Gulch, they put on a heck of a show, and are hosting the KS State Championship later this year.

Grizz

33 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Just got home and unloaded and finally have a chance to sit down in something I'm not driving on I-70.

Many thanks to Dawg, Willie, Major Art and all the others at Butterfield Gulch for an awesome weekend!

Also many thanks to posse 1 for helping me along this weekend, toting my irons and whatever else I needed.

I got some vids, and will get them up when I process them, but don't know that I have the ooompf tonight.

If you're looking for a match to fill in your schedule, check out Butterfield Gulch, they put on a heck of a show, and are hosting the KS State Championship later this year.

Thanks for the kind words Grizz!  It is always great shooting with you.  Till our trails meet again pard!

Sorry we missed it.  We had a previous commitment. :(

I didn't make it this year either; but it is definitely on he list for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived