SASS Wire Forum

2017 Kansas Black Powder Championship May 5-7 **updated 4-1-17**

Major Art Tillery

I could not find my other post on this match... So starting another.

This May 6-7, 2017 the BUTTERFIELD GULCH GANG of Chapman, Ks will once again be holding the Kansas Black Powder Championship! So make sure you get your entries in now! This shoot has been growing every year we have held it... And we hope to bring you an even better match this year!

Entry can be found here http://butterfieldgulch.com/Clarks%20Station%20flyer%202017.pdf

Feel free to check out our website for more club info: http://butterfieldgulch.com/matchinfo.html

Or check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BUTTERFIELD-GULCH-GANG-716929514999946/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We at Butterfield will be doing our version of a shoot n scoot as a side match on friday. It is open to anyone to do the only catch is,,, it will cost you 50 rounds of 38 special ammo, and about 12 shotshells. Now the brass from this side match is a lost brass deal, after the side match is over the brass will be collected and auctioned off at the banquet.

Also on side match friday we are going to do the all gun side match. You will need your main match rifle, main match revolvers,main match SG, a pocket pistol, a derringer, and a big bore rifle.

Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Still have plenty of room folks, so come on to Kansas and shoot with us!  You don't have to even shoot BP,  there are always a few that don't.. we just score them separately.  We would love to have you join us!

5 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Too good to pass up IMHO.  Christmas comes faster than waiting for my favorite matches.  Good people fun camping at the range.  

3 hours ago, Reuben McCoy Rankin # 34239 said:

You Know I'll be there!! 

It will be great having you two as always!  It will be here before we know it fellas!

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to miss this year.  Have a granddaughter graduating from middle school and another from high school in May.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

10 hours ago, Fingers McGee said:

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to miss this year.  Have a granddaughter graduating from middle school and another from high school in May.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Dang it Fingers, going to miss not having you folks join us this year.  Keep in mind we got the State Match at the end of September.  Hope to see you at Land Run at least!

We will be at Landrun.  It'll be #14

Fingers (Show Me Mo smoke) McGee

Had several work days on the range...New roof on our club cabin.  And tore down one stage for rebuild.  Stay tuned for pictures when finished.  

Till then get those entries in the mail to us!  It is going to be a good time!

For those of you shooters coming to the match with a camper, at I70 and chapman exit there is an rv park called Chapman Creek rv park. The park owner is willing to allow those hauling thier camper stop there to get water for the camper instead of hauling water. He said there would be a small cost, but he wasn't sure how much as yet, I will respond to this post when I find out amount. If you are planning to get water call this number 785-922-2267 to contact camp host to get the water, please call ahead and give an approximit time so someone will be there. On a side note there is NO dumping of your poo tanks as they are a direct hookup to city sewer.

Dawg

just a clarification on the shoot and scoot ammo, since we will be using various firearms borrowed from other shooters, we ask that the 50 rounds you supply for the shoot be smokeless powder please. As some shooters may not want BP run thru thier firearms.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:05 PM, Flinthills Dawg said:

We at Butterfield will be doing our version of a shoot n scoot as a side match on friday. It is open to anyone to do the only catch is,,, it will cost you 50 rounds of 38 special ammo, and about 12 shotshells. Now the brass from this side match is a lost brass deal, after the side match is over the brass will be collected and auctioned off at the banquet.

Also on side match friday we are going to do the all gun side match. You will need your main match rifle, main match revolvers,main match SG, a pocket pistol, a derringer, and a big bore rifle.

Dawg

What is minimum cal for 'big bore'?

we used 45-70s and38-55s if ya dont have one we will have loaners, what ever is legal for long range side matches, no pistol calibers. and the shot is only 46 yards

Shooters with campers that will be getting water at the RV park North of Chapman, I spoke with the owner he says there will be NO charge for those getting water for the camper. Now just a reminder call the number to make sure the host will be there when you show up, and if you please do it the cowboy way and give a tip to the host just to show appreciation please.

Thanks

Dawg

Archived