SASS Wire Forum

Gunsmoke cast question

Bugler

In 197 there was an episode called New Doctor in Town in which Dr. Chapman (Pat Hingle) was replacing Dr. Adams ( milburn Stone)......my real question is what happened that Milburn Stone was not in a number of episodes and then returned?

Was there a medical issue? A contract issue? etc....

2nd question...how many episodes was Harrison Ford in?...I know of 2 but there are probably more....

Bugler

In 197 there was an episode called New Doctor in Town in which Dr. Chapman (Pat Hingle) was replacing Dr. Adams ( milburn Stone)......my real question is what happened that Milburn Stone was not in a number of episodes and then returned?

Was there a medical issue? A contract issue? etc....

2nd question...how many episodes was Harrison Ford in?...I know of 2 but there are probably more....

Bugler

#2 - imdb indicates two as "Hobey"...also in two episodes of "The Virginian"

Thanks Marauder!!

Didn't know Milburn Stone sang with Harry James......know all about Ken Curtis and his singing in the Sons of the Pioneers and with Dorsey.....what a voice when he was singing....not all the hillbilly ridge runner voice when he was in character.

Bugler