SASS Wire Forum

SASS Celebrates 30 Years!

Misty Moonshine

Press Release

January 30, 2017

The Single Action Shooting Society® Celebrates 30th Anniversary

The Single Action Shooting Society® (SASS) is pleased to recognize 2017 as its 30th Anniversary.

SASS was founded in 1987 as a membership organization with a mission to preserve and promote the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™. Over the last 30 years, the Single Action Shooting Society has grown into an international organization, recognizing over 105,000 SASS memberships along the way.

SASS is the internationally recognized governing body for the wildly popular sport of Cowboy Action Shooting, promulgating rules for safety and consistency in competitions across the globe. With over 600 Affiliated Clubs in 24 countries, SASS sanctions championship matches at all levels of competition, including State, Regional, Divisional, National, and the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, END of TRAIL®.

SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West, a love of the cowboy era, single action firearms, and action-packed competitive shooting for all skill levels in a safe, fun, family-friendly environment. A true multi-generational organization and shooting sport, SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting have always been so much more than just a monthly shooting competition. For most members, SASS is not only a family tradition, it has become a way of life — a true SASS family.

SASS has come a long way since its origins and is a direct reflection of the membership who have joined with enthusiasm, expanding and keeping alive the joy of the game and its foundation of friendly competition — what we call Spirit of the Game. SASS credits much of its success to these individuals and groups who have contributed to the growth of the organization and the direction of Cowboy Action Shooting™ along the way.

As SASS reflects on the past 30 years, we look forward to the future with anticipation and excitement for the evolution and continued growth of the organization and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting. We look forward to many more years providing unparalleled resources and benefits to our members, supporting the shooting sports and firearms industry, and upholding our original mission — preserving and promoting the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™.

• Like 6

Well Happy Birthday to SASS and The Wild Bunch.

This is my 20th year playing and I could not be more grateful for all this sport has done for me. The friends I've made and the good times shared. Thank you and Happy 30th Birthday.

Best regards,

Chili

Edited by Chili Pepper Pete 11917

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's to another 30!!!!

I've been around for over half of those years! great times and great friends!!!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY SASS!

It sure has been great being a part of SASS since 2002. Hope I'm still shooting when we celebrate the 40th year of SASS.

Yeehaa, Keystone

Happy Birthday SASS! I've been privileged to be around for the whole time... and what a privilege it's been! Thank you Tex, Judge, & Hipshot, along with Genr'l Grant & RJ Poteet!

Happy Birthday to SASS and a great big thanks to Misty and all of the staff. I am a relative newbie in SASS having joined in 2012. My only regret is that I didn't find this 25 years before that. Ya get to dress like a cowboy and shoot guns - it don't get no better. In those years my wife and I have traveled, shot together and met a whole group of new friends. Thanks SASS.

Happy Birthday/Anniversay SASS! 30 Years, hard to believe, but what's harder to believe is that I've been there for half of them! Looking forwad to the next 30 (or as many of them as the good Lord sees fit to grant me.)

Happy Birthday SASS,I've been here for 20 years as well,Chili Pepper Pete must have joined the same time I did.

As one of the "Newbes" I congratulate the SASS organization for an excellent idea. I only wished I knew more about this sport when I was stationed in Tucson Arizona 30 years ago, I would have joined then instead of waiting 25 years. Hope to meet up with more of you fine folks eventually at Winter Range or EOT.

Thanks you SASS and happy birthday.

I didn't get into SASS until I shot with the Good Guys Posse in Sharon and The Bad Guys Posse in Elkhorn,

Wisconsin about 11 or 12 years ago!!! I shot in Beloit, Bristol and Oconomowoc until I retired and moved

home to Idaho.

Luckily, I found El Buscaderos near my home in Eastport. We started our local Border Marauders and followed up

with matches in Alberta, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming and Montana.

For all of its warts, blemishes and scars, SASS has been a lot of fun for me. One of my favourite EOTs was the

25th Anniversary. I almost drowned in mud at EOT before that. I hope the 30th is also a spectacular match. As

an octogenarian, its important to have each one be more awesome because it could be my last!!! :-)

My sons are Life Members and my grandchildren are members so I have a vested interest in having SASS make its

40th Anniversary. I sure would like to be around for that one. :-)

Happy Birthday to the organization that helps me live the dream! May SASS continue to grow and thrive. And thanks for the great leadership, Misty.

Congratulations and continued success. Thank you for everything you do from the whole family. See you at Winter Range!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASS!

THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL TIME I HAVE HAD!!!

Thanks SASS for all the good years. Been with you 29 years and have enjoyed every day of it. And hope to be around for a few more.

Congratulations to all involved keeping SASS going.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Awesome! Been15 years for me and cannot begin to express all that SASS has done for me. Could never repay all that I have taken from it that is for sure. What a ride it's been and going to be.

Happy Birthday Sass! Hard to believe I have been with Sass for 13 of those years. What a great time it has been! Thank you all who have had a hand in keeping Sass alive and well!

Happy Birthday SASS and thanks for the game I love. And thanks to all the cowpeeps I've met over the years for being such a great bunch of folks. Looking forward to another 15 years, Lord willing.

Imis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SASS!!! Thank you for this great sport.

Happy birthday SASS .

I come to shoot .

I stay for friendships !

Happy birthday SASS, been 20 years for me, best thing that ever happened to me.

Without starting this game I would never have met my the only girl I love, I am truly blessed.

Not to mention the hundreds of friends we've made across the world, and the unknown number of miles we've travelled!!

Hopefully I can make another 20 years.

Maybe there'll be a Centurion category soon? LOL:

Thanks to SASS for all they have done. I have loved this sport since I first found it, and most of my friends I would not have if it were not for cowboy shooting. I will continue to do my small part to grow my club and another one I am helping out, and will keep trying to spread the work to keep the sport going

Edited by StirrupTrouble

Happy birthday SASS! Been lucky enough to have been involved for over half of it and it changed my life. Hard to remember what I did with all my time BS (before SASS)! I'm looking forward to 30 more!

Four Bucks

​Happy Birthday SASS....Thank you to everyone that has made it so much fun for the past 18 years......

Faygo Kid and Eleanor Jewel