SASS Wire Forum

Big Jake1001

Facebook is a mixed blessing.

It's been good for me as it allows me to contact family and some real friends that are scattered to the four winds.

It's been bad because the world is full of keyboard Commando's and Meme-warriors who just say things that they'd never have the courage or

lack of wits to do in person.

It's been fascinating as it has allowed me to separate some wheat from chaff, especially in this last election cycle.

All things considered I think I'll probably eliminate it from my life, or do a significant paring down of who and what, in the near term future.

My wife has a simpler approach, she has a few family and friends, very few - and dozens of antiques, pretty pictures cats, and all kinds of girly stuff whizzing by.

Politics are deleted at light speed, and most other controversial issues as well.

I lack the self control to do that so I'll probably just nuke the whole thing soon . . . .

SC

• Like 1

Social media..... aint that what THIS is?!? It's my only one. No Twitter, FB, nuthin. I got the WIRE!

That's what it is. Facebook is much easier to post pictures on though.

That's what it is. Facebook is much easier to post pictures on though.

One major difference however, although I agree this is a form of social media, I don't personally know anyone who's lost friends on The Wire. On Facebook, I know a lot of people who have not only unfriended from their social media contacts but lost those friends and family relations in real life.

Maybe we are just more civilized here on The Wire or maybe in the real world including Facebook things are much more uncivilized than they should be.

Social media..... aint that what THIS is?!? It's my only one. No Twitter, FB, nuthin. I got the WIRE!

Me too, Slim, but it is pronounced as wor, not wire. :D

Edited by Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172

One major difference however, although I agree this is a form of social media, I don't personally know anyone who's lost friends on The Wire. On Facebook, I know a lot of people who have not only unfriended from their social media contacts but lost those friends and family relations in real life.

Maybe we are just more civilized here on The Wire or maybe in the real world including Facebook things are much more uncivilized than they should be.

We still put our brand on our messages, and folks who cross paths at shoots know who you are - so there is little space for hostility if you ever intend to show your face again at a SASS event.

Add to that the incredible camaraderie of this game (and the sharp eyes and keen delete button of Ms. Allie Mo) and this is a safe haven from most on-line haters.

LL

Hello all you Saloonatics, It's been awhile since

I've been here.

Bottles, gimme a Bucket of Beer and a Ice Cold Mug. I'll just grab a chair at my favorite table under the stairway.

I spose I spend too much time on Facebook instead of here where I belong. But tonite I got throwed in the Facebook Jail for 24 hours for something somebody didn't like what I said.

I said I choose my Friends carefully, not any Muslims, is True. I guess that offended somebody and they reported it.

Facebook deleted it and put me in the Hoosegow. I don't really know any Muslims and don't go out asking anyone what they are. There is NO Sign on my front lawn saying "If you are a Muslim, knock on my door....Let's be friends. So Here I am for the remainder of my sentence. Let's have a cold one and I'll Buy.

Bottles, set 'em up if they want one. Just sayin'

Big (What's been a very bad boy) Jake

Welcome home Big Jake .

Im a equal opportunity offender .

I dont like anyone ! LOL

This way Im Not A Racist or a Bigot.

I call it the way I see it .

Some times it rubs people wrong .

But Im Not Willy Wanka so

Im Not hear to please everyone.

Just Saying .

I will buy a round of beers for all who wants one !