SASS Wire Forum

I bought a grand once they were a little harder than the ones I was use to but worked fine I wish I could remember where I got them it was a cas bullet supplier out of Alabama iirc.

Contact Springfield Slim at www.WhyteLeatherWorks.comHe make really nice pure lead ball. 408 356-5031 great to deal with also.

I found the info it was Springfield slim for the round bills the other was for something else. I had to wait on him to run a batch but they came.

Not sure what other people have experienced, but I found my Uberti 1860s to work real well with .457 round balls.

Plus it helps since I won't have to worry about different sizes with my Rugers, and Ubertis.....

Anyway,

+37 on Springfield Slim. One stop shop.

Not sure what other people have experienced, but I found my Uberti 1860s to work real well with .457 round balls.

Plus it helps since I won't have to worry about different sizes with my Rugers, and Ubertis.....

Anyway,

+37 on Springfield Slim. One stop shop.

+1 on using .457 balls for Piettas, Ubertis and ROAs. As long as they are pure soft lead, they slide into the chambers just fine.

Judge, the best way is to buy a mould and make your own. That way you can have exactly what you want. I would recommend bullets over round balls. Get bullets with a big lube groove and use a good black powder lube. You will be able to shoot all day without worrying about fouling.

Hope you are doing good.

Lucky grin_zpsebe960c5.png

There was a biggun!

Not sure how since I look at them to see if there were defects like a large sprue ring when the mould is not closed right.

I took out the cylinder from the 1860 Army and pounded the ball in with a plastic punch so the cylinder would rotate. Took off the nipple and filled in the powder gap.

Went bang and really could not tell the difference.

Another day in capgun paradise! :ph34r: Not a Ninja but a sooty cowboy

There was a biggun!

Not sure how since I look at them to see if there were defects like a large sprue ring when the mould is not closed right.

I took out the cylinder from the 1860 Army and pounded the ball in with a plastic punch so the cylinder would rotate. Took off the nipple and filled in the powder gap.

Went bang and really could not tell the difference.

Another day in capgun paradise! :ph34r: Not a Ninja but a sooty cowboy

I've had the opposite happen with undersized balls.......ended up recycling that batch of round balls.