SASS Wire Forum

Less Expensive Way To Be CA Compliant?

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/shasta-co-men-create-new-part-to-make-guns-like-an-ar-15-legal/293100142

"This is something that is legally necessary if you don't desire to register your weapon as an assault weapon," Bastiani said.

For months the two researched and designed parts that they could patent. They realized other people had the same idea, so they hit the drawing board once again. Then in less than two hours they came up with a new idea. They decided to replace the bolt catch on the left side of the gun.

"I cut some stainless steel... traced around, laid it out, cut it out with a dremel and a file, put it in the gun and said, 'Oh my god, it actually does what I thought it would!'," he said in disbelief. "We kind of lucked out because no one was thinking of the side of the gun we developed our lock for."

He explained their small steel part does the exact same thing as the other products out there, but only requires one piece of steel.

"It requires no skill at all to install," he said.

He added the part should only cost around $10 and would fit on any AR.

As he laughed and looked at the gun he said, "I hope everyone else thinks its as cool as we do. It's supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be cheap. It's supposed to be desirable in everyway".

Ingenuity at its finest.

Beating the antis for less than the price of lunch is priceless.

I'm so sad that they are making us run down these rabbit holes simply because of the look of a gun......Here in the horrible state of Massachusetts, the sale of ALL AR type Modern Sporting Rifles have been totally banned.......But you can legally buy a Ruger Mini 14, M1a, Remington 7400/740, Browning BAR etc..........

I'm glad I'm approaching being an old bastard and don't worry too much about this stuff any longer....

Rye,

How long before anti-gunners submit legislation to ban anything that has an evil-looking trigger? :):):)

Rye,

How long before anti-gunners submit legislation to ban anything that has an evil-looking trigger? :):) :)

Shush, Dan... don' be givin' them any ideas! emo25.gif

Any chance you saw the hats that were being worn at the anti Trump rally in Washington DC?

Most of them folks wearin those hats could easily be considered... uh... never mind.

All I'm saying is maybe purple should be the color?