SASS Wire Forum

Long hunter shotgun

Eastwood

I'm looking to upgrade my shotgun. Shooting a Stevens 311 now. Can't afford an SKB or BSS. Long hunter shooting supply sells a Stoeger with action work for what seems to be a reasonable price. Does anyone have first hand experience with one that you can share with me? Or what is the best option available in that price range? $6-700

Thanks

I have experience. I bought a Stoeger supreme with the nickel barrels. Beautiful and the work done was superb. Never once had a shell fail to shuck. I think it's probably the best bang for your buck in hammerless. I prefer the hammered doubles so I switched to a cimarron 1878 dove by Johnny meadows. Can't complain there either.

I bought my stoeger coach gun and 45 Rugers from long hunter. Heidi and Jared have been great.All three guns had cowboy action jobs,smoooooth! Highly recommended.

My Stoeger Supreme was purchased from them and they are top notch. Mine had a lockup issue about a year after buying it, and when talking the Jared there was a Stoeger quality issue affecting some of them from the era when I bought mine. I was just looking for advice, as it was in the middle of the season, and my state shoot was coming up in a week. He knew what to do and even though it had nothing to do with his work, he asked if he could fix it and assured me I would have it back in time for state. He emailed me a call tag and paid shipping both ways, would take no money for the repairs, and got it in my hands the day before I was due to leave for the state shoot. It has worked flawlessly ever since, and with the way they took good care of me, I would not hesitate to send anyone to them

Awesome folks! You will not regret dealing with them

Stoegers with single triggers seem to have issues .

I bought two double triggered Stoegers about 9 years ago.

Slicked one up and left one stock.

Todate I have Never had to use the stock one yet.

So I say the double trigger Stoegers are tough as heck !

I bought a Stoeger Supreme Coach Gun from Heidi and Jared at Long Hunter Shooting Supply last Fall. Everything went flawlessly with the transaction and the gun works great. I have a '73 in transit back from them right now after action work and a Marlin ready to ship out when the '73 returns. They are kind and efficient and fair. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Koolaid...

That is exactly the SxS I have been using for the last year.....If Hoss doesn't borrow it you are welcome to try mine out. It is also a Johnny Meadows gun..

Bugler

check with Johnny Meadows, he has Baikal sxs with complete action job for $550 + shipping. I'm looking into one for my self. See ya sooner than you'd like!

I bought a Stoeger Supreme Coach Gun from Heidi and Jared at Long Hunter Shooting Supply last Fall. Everything went flawlessly with the transaction and the gun works great. I have a '73 in transit back from them right now after action work and a Marlin ready to ship out when the '73 returns. They are kind and efficient and fair. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

so you are saying they are back to working on Marlins again?

They never stopped to the best of my knowledge. Like others I'm sure they steer clear of Remlins but they've expressed no reservations about working on my JM Marlin.

Few years or so back yessir they did and I had not heard they started back doing them again