SASS Wire Forum

I Guess It Works

Subdeacon Joe

Joe:

Thank you!

My wife and I have been feeling the stress of taking my aging Dad into our home - the extra laundry, the special cooking, the unique burdens of caring for elderly parents. Of course, we would not have it any other way - we love him dearly. But every once in awhile, we need to release some frustration with small inconveniences such as the pile of dropped food under his place at the table (he has become our dog's fast friend) - and this pic hits the mark. Thanks for giving us something to laugh about!

LL

• Like 1

Joe:

Thank you!

My wife and I have been feeling the stress of taking my aging Dad into our home - the extra laundry, the special cooking, the unique burdens of caring for elderly parents. Of course, we would not have it any other way - we love him dearly. But every once in awhile, we need to release some frustration with small inconveniences such as the pile of dropped food under his place at the table (he has become our dog's fast friend) - and this pic hits the mark. Thanks for giving us something to laugh about!

LL

Bless your hearts and I truly mean that in a respectful way!

Edited by Yellowhouse Sam # 25171

Joe:

Thank you!

LL

Bless you for caring for your father. That is the best gift you can give him. You are a wonderful child for doing that. I'm long distance assisting my brother in doing the same thing.

Joe:

Thank you!

LL

My very great pleasure, sir. Glad that it was able to lift the burden, even if just for a bit.

Bless you for caring for your father. That is the best gift you can give him. You are a wonderful child for doing that. I'm long distance assisting my brother in doing the same thing.

Kris:

I'm no saint, but I do love my Dad; the saint here is my dear wife, who has pitched in mightily to make this possible. Like many baby boomers, we just finished helping the kids get through school and off on lives of their own, and expected that we might find some more time (and money) for ourselves; but Dad needs help more than we need fun, and we're glad to do it. And the fact that you and others would compliment us for doing so leads me to believe that you have all faced the same choices and burdens. God bless you all.

LL

Maybe some of us are envious of the situation. Adopted dad died when I was in the Army in Germany. Mother alienated herself from everybody and I found out she passed because my signature was needed before she could be cremated. Father died while married to his third wife and I found out when a cousin assembled family genealogy information on ancestry.com.