SASS Wire Forum

California looking to secede

Tom Bullweed

While speaking of produce, I believe a huge amount of produce in America comes from Chile, I do not see Americans starving for lettuce or tomatoes. In my area, Missouri, we have many farms that produce fresh vegetables. It would not impact us all that much.

We have many peach and apple orchards about in our area also, the rest of the produce is readily available fro Idaho, and Kansas and Nebraska would serve us Angus beef and tons of wheat.

STL Suomi

We can easily feed the US and a significant part of the whole world if necessary.

We live in interesting times.

Eight years ago, many felt like the country had moved on without them and would have been happy to secede.

Different group in 2017.

I do not believe that any state could secede, but the activity around sure shines the light on those who are rebelious.

California is not going secede. Even if it wanted to, there's no way that anyone would let that happen. Over half the food grown in the us comes from California

I can't believe that. I have seen the stats about fruits and vegetables and I can believe that. But we also eat meat, seafood, and grains and very little of those come from California.

• Like 1

I can't believe that. I have seen the stats about fruits and vegetables and I can believe that. But we also eat meat, seafood, and grains and very little of those come from California.

When I said grown, I wasn't talking meat. I use the term raised for that. The point is it would be very hard for either California or the rest of the country to exist without each other.

You might want to check this out before you tell us what CA does not do.

http://www.netstate.com/economy/ca_economy.htm

We might not be able to get along without avocados but I'm willing to try.

• Like 2

If a movie was made about the true Ca. politics and the crooks & scum in Sac. <_<

No one would believe it. :(

OLG

What Lumpy sez. Pretty much what I've heard from a few legislators I've spoken with over the years... :huh:

For those Californians looking to secede: Bless your hearts! :lol:

Ha ha ha....! :D

Now, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but if California were to secede, wouldn't that void a number of agreements giving California priority regarding water, such as that from the Colorado? If that were to happen, would that severely hamper California's agriculture industry, among other things?

Would many of their products then be considered imports and subject to tariffs?

Would manufacturers decide to not export things like motor vehicles, or at least price them accordingly, since their CARB standards are burdensome to manufacturers?

Now, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but if California were to secede, wouldn't that void a number of agreements giving California priority regarding water, such as that from the Colorado? If that were to happen, would that severely hamper California's agriculture industry, among other things?

Would many of their products then be considered imports and subject to tariffs?

Would manufacturers decide to not export things like motor vehicles, or at least price them accordingly, since their CARB standards are burdensome to manufacturers?

Water from the Colorado River goes to So. Calif. and is used mostly for city use, some goes to ag. in the Imperial and Coahella Vallies. Major crops are lettuce, dates, carrots, melons,

If CA were to leave the Union, yes, stuff from here would have to be considered imports to the US and subject to tariffs and duties. I doubt that importing cars and such would change much.

One other thing to consider is how much trade goes through CA ports, both from other states for export and to other states as imports.

Secession: there is nothing new in this. Folks in Alaska have been trying to do this since the 1990's, CA since about 2010, FL since about 2014, GA 2009, HI, NH since 2001, Oregon since last year, SC since 2010, TX since forever, VT since 2003... there are regional secession movement, county secession movements, cities that want to secede from states...on and on... As long as there are people there will be other people that want nothing to do with them. Disagreement, even violent disagreements are as old as Cain and Able. How many of us have wanted at one time or another to secede from our own families?

Let's hope that the Cowboy way wins over rudeness because I'm watching now.

And if not deleat them!!!!!!!!!!

Blasphemy! :o Life without avocados is "like a day without sunshine." ;)

I'm gonna plant me an avocado tree. :)

One other thing to consider is how much trade goes through CA ports, both from other states for export and to other states as imports.

Isn't Long Beach in LA the biggest commerical port on the west coast? That port fuels the Southern Pacific don't it?

I was asked here on the wire , If you have Nothing Good to Say Kalifornia,

Then Would you should Not Say Nothing at all.

So I will Bite My Tongue, And keep my Comments about Kalifornia to Myself .

BY BY !

If California did succeed in seceding the Treaty of Hidalgo between Mexico and the US would no longer be in effect regarding California. That would mean that Mexico could lay claim to the land that is no longer US soil. Which is probably why this movement is a movement...perhaps.

Just a thought...

The plot of Plan Nine From Outer Space made more sense than this.

• Like 2