SASS Wire Forum

Outfit needed...1876 Indian Wars

I'm looking to rent or purchase an 1876 calvary *Indian Wars) outfit. Used is OK.

I don't have time to custom order.(8 weeks) I need pants 39-40 waist, length 30-34...tucked in boots. shirt 16 1/2 to 17 1/2 (extra large or 2x). Long or short coat 44-46. white Hat 7 5/8....gloves......also Kepi, buckle & belt 40-44, and holster corp or sgt outfit is OK, even officer Mounted, think Custers Last Stand. If rented, I will have dry cleaned I'm 6'1" 220 lbs. Thank you....Old Buckaroo...CA...408-710-1616

email: oldbuckaroo7@aol.com

Edited by Old Buckaroo, SASS # 29117L
  • Like 1

I have a outfit from Coon creek but the pants are two large more in the range of 46-48. The belt isnt a problem since they are adjustable. Kept is worn look, saddler Sgt strips on the blouse the blue pull over you never put strips on them as that's a Hollywood thing, have a holster couple different saber rigs plus a NCO saber Hat covered, if you want I have a vest that you can wear under the blouse or you can go with the pull over shirt. If you go the vest and blouse route a pain earth tone shirt of your choosing will work I wore white most of the time.suspenders white canvas prefered, pants large with NCO stripes. So that leaves your footware it depends on which way your going campaign or in garrison. Pull over shirt is campaign and vest and blouse is in garrison. In garrison footware would be laceup boots under pants leg campaign woulgd be knee length boots with pants tucked in. Also have a hunting knife that was issued during the Indian war era. Remember back then most still had parts of the federal uniform of the civil war only the recruits got full issue on new item if they were lucky.

• Like 1

I have a outfit from Coon creek but the pants are two large more in the range of 46-48. The belt isnt a problem since they are adjustable. Kept is worn look, saddler Sgt strips on the blouse the blue pull over you never put strips on them as that's a Hollywood thing, have a holster couple different saber rigs plus a NCO saber Hat covered, if you want I have a vest that you can wear under the blouse or you can go with the pull over shirt. If you go the vest and blouse route a pain earth tone shirt of your choosing will work I wore white most of the time.suspenders white canvas prefered, pants large with NCO stripes. So that leaves your footware it depends on which way your going campaign or in garrison. Pull over shirt is campaign and vest and blouse is in garrison. In garrison footware would be laceup boots under pants leg campaign woulgd be knee length boots with pants tucked in. Also have a hunting knife that was issued during the Indian war era. Remember back then most still had parts of the federal uniform of the civil war only the recruits got full issue on new item if they were lucky.

Blackie

use my email with prices. I may be able to have the pants modified... I'm very interested...oldbuckaroo7@aol.com

Do you need a rifle to go with it? I've got a battle of little big horn commemorative 1866 that would be perfect for it.

use my email with prices.... I'm very interested...oldbuckaroo7@aol.com