SASS Wire Forum

AA Featherlite shotshells available

Many of us have been using AAFL8 shotshells for many years and find them hard to come by from major retailers. I called Rogers Sporting Goods and asked if they would consider stocking them. They agreed and now have them available on their website for $89.00 / flat with free shipping. (www.rogerssportinggoods.com)

If we will buy buy them, they will stock them.

Tarantula Jack

Does anyone know if these were purchased on-line during the Annual Winchester rebate timeframe, could you get the rebate for the 10 boxes?

Website states they are sold by the case; however, it does state that there are 10 boxes in the case. The receipt from the website may not suffice.

Has anyone tried and successfully ordered ammunition online and filed for a rebate from a manufacturer?

Many of us have been using AAFL8 shotshells for many years and find them hard to come by from major retailers. I called Rogers Sporting Goods and asked if they would consider stocking them. They agreed and now have them available on their website for $89.00 / flat with free shipping. (www.rogerssportinggoods.com)

If we will buy buy them, they will stock them.

Tarantula Jack

Thanks for the info. I have a case on the way.

A case is 10 boxes so that's $8.99 a box, I can load 'em for a little more than HALF of that! ;)

• Like 1

Rogers Sporting Goods are good folks. And right next door to my eye doctor's office in Liberty, MO. How convenient for me! :) Even though I shoot only BP myself, Fannie shoots smokeless. And with that price and Winchesters $2/box rebate every year, I find it's not worth reloading for what little savings are to be had.

Edited by Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705

Does anyone know if these were purchased on-line during the Annual Winchester rebate timeframe, could you get the rebate for the 10 boxes?

Website states they are sold by the case; however, it does state that there are 10 boxes in the case. The receipt from the website may not suffice.

Has anyone tried and successfully ordered ammunition online and filed for a rebate from a manufacturer?

I bought from Cabelas with free shipping and got the rebate. I agree that with the rebate it is not worth reloading.

OK Rye.

I'll take 5 flats.

But you have to deliver!

NN

;) I'd love to visit you in sunny Nevada!! I'd have to add labor to that though! How's $15.00 a box of 25 sound? :P Oh yea and travel would be another $10.00 a box so $25.00 a box sound okay?? That will have to include room and board for a week too!! ^_^

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

I believe the rebate requires the UPC or bar code label from each box to be submitted with the form. Wouldn't matter where you bought them. 10 boxes minimum.

Edited by Yusta B.

I have bought from Gander Mountain and the web receipt for 5 cases was accepted. I open the case and cut the USPC code from each box and put it back in the box hole up. Took me 15-20 minutes last year to cut them off of 5 cases. Gives me a years supply of shot shells.

I buy them from cowboy shooters supply. They charge $85 delivered to EoT. If they don't have them I be ordering from Rogers. I would have gotten some more if I could have found them when they had the rebate for a week after Thanksgiving.

i like the fact that they are available - i started out with 7/8 oz 'cowboy' target loads i bought from a shotgun writers estate when i figured out the game a bit , i have since worked up my own 3/4oz load and have a lot loaded and my friends and i are loading regularly , i wish they had done this before i invested in my own , great for new shooters to start right with , go for it - a lot less physical work , searching for components and space allotted to the effort ,

hope they keep doing this - ill get my grandkids in line for these ,

I was in Bass Pro Shop, Duluth, Ga. this evening and they had pallets of Winchester AA for $89 a case. All you wanted. I bought a case of Winchester target loads for $65 a case for Wild Bunch shooting. Don't need those fancy AA shells for the pump.

The Winchester AA Rebate (in the past) had a maximum rebate amount, per year, of $100,00. That translates to $2.00 per box, which is 50 boxes or 5 cases that you may claim the rebate on.

I assume that holds true this year, too.

Looks like two choices in shot shells, Winchester AA Featherlites or Remington STS.

When Mary started shooting, I got her a case of Fiocchi Lite shells. They work fine and that's all she'll use. They are 7/8 Oz at 1200 fps.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/3483

I shot Remington Gun Club 1 Oz loads and they worked OK.

We bought a case of Federal Top Gun Extra Lite with 7/8 Oz at 1200. But Mary didn't like the smell of the powder when fired.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/953667975/federal-top-gun-extra-lite-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-7-8-oz-8-shot

I see MidwayUSA has a subsonic Federal load listed.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/953268336/federal-top-gun-low-recoil-subsonic-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-1-1-8-oz-7-1-2-shot