SASS Wire Forum

Way OT: Victory Motorcycles will be no more

Pat Riot

Polaris is shutting down production of Victory motorcycles. I don't own one but I came close. The Victory Gunner was on my short list of bikes when I was buying my new bike last year. I ended up buying a Vulcan 900 Classic LT. Maybe people like me are the reason it's going under but I was and am happy with my purchase.

Polaris will help dealers sell remaining stock and supply parts for 10 years but the brand is going away.

http://blog.jpcycles.com/2017/01/polaris-shutting-victory-motorcycles/?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=2017.01.27.BikerBuzzNGC&M_ID=38867227&R_ID=1029026578

Polaris is shutting down production of Victory motorcycles. I don't own one but I came close. The Victory Gunner was on my short list of bikes when I was buying my new bike last year. I ended up buying a Vulcan 900 Classic LT. Maybe people like me are the reason it's going under but I was and am happy with my purchase.

Polaris will help dealers sell remaining stock and supply parts for 10 years but the brand is going away.

http://blog.jpcycles.com/2017/01/polaris-shutting-victory-motorcycles/?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=2017.01.27.BikerBuzzNGC&M_ID=38867227&R_ID=1029026578

It's not so much that they're going away, but rather being dropped for the more profitable and

better selling Indian line of bikes, which are made by the same company.

I like the looks of the Indian bikes better myself.

SC

It's not so much that they're going away, but rather being dropped for the more profitable and

better selling Indian line of bikes, which are made by the same company.

I like the looks of the Indian bikes better myself.

SC

Yeah, but it's still a shame.

I like the Indians as well. I also had my eye on the Scout but when I saw one in person on the street it just didn't look that great to me but that 100HP sure sounded good.

Im sure a lot of Victory owners got PISSED Over it !

They had a good brand with a good following .

Parts for 10 whole years?? I can still get parts for my Harley, it was built in 1978.

Too bad, I bet it will be tough to sell the rest of them now.........................

I'd be leary about an Indian too.

Knarley

Victory's biggest problem was / is they never promote themselves or their bikes and I think Knarley Bob is right, Indian will go away if Polaris follows the same trend with them that they did with Victory.

Indian has been reinvented two or three times in the last couple decades. Aftermarket frames with another company's engine. Stick them together with skirted finders and call it an Indian. You could build the entire bike yourownself with a catalog. Once they got their own engine in production that became lagit.

I have three Harley's. The newest is a 1993 FLHTCU. I can not buy parts for my 93 Ultra from Harly Davidson.

Victory's biggest problem was / is they never promote themselves or their bikes and I think Knarley Bob is right, Indian will go away if Polaris follows the same trend with them that they did with Victory.

It's all based on business decisions, sales and profits. One recession and Indian will be on the chopping block or auction block.