SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

Are any of you watching it? Mrs. Lose started watching it and I got interested. People do a lot of dumb things with technology that can get tracked now day.

I'm laughing hysterically at some of these people. The couple (him 6'8" tall and her former Miss SC) who used an ATM at a bus station and then bought bus tickets (caught walking off the bus). The people who went to their best friend's house after hiding for a week (caught when they went to a beauty salon to "clean up" after camping).The couple who hid in the swamp for 2 weeks, then emerged and went to a friend's house, panicked when the hunters showed up looking for them and left the safety of the house to flee into a field with little cover and were caught. The tech guys who left behind a laptop where they deleted their twitter and facebook cache, but didn't realize that deleted doesn't mean destroyed so now their hiding place is in jeopardy.

Interesting to see how much "big brother" sees and can figure out from social media...

The thing that surprises me is that none of these people, who knew they were going to flee within a 2-3 day window, stocked up enough to really disappear into the woods for the whole 28 days required to win the $250k.

Nope, not watching. Just figure it's just another produced show with script.

I'm laughing hysterically at some of these people. The couple (him 6'8" tall and her former Miss SC) who used an ATM at a bus station and then bought bus tickets (caught walking off the bus). The people who went to their best friend's house after hiding for a week (caught when they went to a beauty salon to "clean up" after camping).The couple who hid in the swamp for 2 weeks, then emerged and went to a friend's house, panicked when the hunters showed up looking for them and left the safety of the house to flee into a field with little cover and were caught. The tech guys who left behind a laptop where they deleted their twitter and facebook cache, but didn't realize that deleted doesn't mean destroyed so now their hiding place is in jeopardy.

Interesting to see how much "big brother" sees and can figure out from social media...

The thing that surprises me is that none of these people, who knew they were going to flee within a 2-3 day window, stocked up enough to really disappear into the woods for the whole 28 days required to win the $250k.

Seems to me the only way to win this contest is to completely go off into the wilds, no phone, no Facebook, no internet and absolutely no contact with relatives or friends. It is amazing how much information they can come up with in so many ways and it all works against you. It would be interesting to get a LEO's take on how a person would go about not getting caught, besides not doing the crime.

I don't and won't waste my time on it but how are they getting the information without violating the law?

Exactly. Seems like a lot of the information that they've are getting would require a warrant.

Only 28 days. Sheesh that's too easy. Have more than enough emergency supplies for that short of a duration.

Seems to me the only way to win this contest is to completely go off into the wilds, no phone, no Facebook, no internet and absolutely no contact with relatives or friends. It is amazing how much information they can come up with in so many ways and it all works against you. It would be interesting to get a LEO's take on how a person would go about not getting caught, besides not doing the crime.

My brother-in-law (retired police chief) suggested 2 ways to win this show:

1. Go DEEP into the woods and live there. Don't tell anywhere where you're going. Leave clues in the house directing the hunters to complete strangers. Come out on the 29th day.

2. Go aboard a sailboat stocked with enough provisions to last 28 days, and begin sailing.

My brother-in-law (retired police chief) suggested 2 ways to win this show:

1. Go DEEP into the woods and live there. Don't tell anywhere where you're going. Leave clues in the house directing the hunters to complete strangers. Come out on the 29th day.

2. Go aboard a sailboat stocked with enough provisions to last 28 days, and begin sailing.

I wonder what kind of parameters the "hunted" have to abide by as far as geography restrictions. I read somewhere that they had to stay within a five state area, I don't know if that's true or not. It seems like many of them are afraid to get to far from home.

Social media and cell phone calls have been the undoing of every team captured so far. Maybe that oughta tell us something.

If I had a spare 28 days in my life, that sounds like it would be a fun challenge to take. Drop out of sight. Get away from the internet and people. Catch up on my reading and my sleep. I won't go so far as to say I could win, but I think I would have a good shot at it.

I'm still not clear on the rules since I don't watch it. Are the hunters allowed to break the law?

Edited by Henry T Harrison

I'm still not clear on the rules since I don't watch it. Are the hunters allowed to break the law?

Good question. I can't figure out how they can get that kind of access without a warrant or maybe the hunted had to give them a certain level of access in order to be on the show. I don't think this thing will last to long because a smart team would stay totally away from cell phones, social media, friends, associates, etc.. and really disappear into the wilds or far away from their normal haunts.

Just finished watching the latest episode and technology is doing all of the hunted teams in.

Just finished watching the latest episode and technology is doing all of the hunted teams in.

I think this statement goes a long way to show how "dumbed-down" society is becoming.

Despite all the NCIS type shows that expose all manner of ways technology can be used against a person, apparently these Hunted folks don't understand a lick of it.

I'm not watching this show since from the previews I saw, it seemed to be another rigged show like "Survivor". If Survivor really wanted to be "Survivor", they would not have paramedics standing around waiting to assist with every little boo-boo.

These "reality" shows aggravate the daylights out of me since they are so far from reality they might as well be animated cartoons.