SASS Wire Forum

I got gypted

Widder, SASS #59054

261,500 miles later, my 2001 little Toyota Tacoma busted a balljoint this morning.

Obviously a bad investment on my part back in 01..... ;)

I'll probably have to put some gas in it next..... :o

..........Widder

I'm right there with ya', Widder!! Ol' Green rolled over 378,000 miles a week or two ago!! Yesterday, I walked around behind the old relic and noticed I was gonna' hafta' put tires on it!! Three full sets of tires and a pair for the front I've bought for that pile of junk and now it needs 'em again!! WHAT'S UP WIT DAT???? :angry::angry::o:lol:

Edited by Blackwater 53393

BLKWTR,

they stick it to ya with the truck. THEN, they stick it to ya with bad ball joints. And to top it all off, they put temporary rubber on the road and try to make you feel like you got a good deal.

If ole Mr. Goodyear knew what they were doing with his rubber, he would roll over in his grave..... :o

Next thing ya know, we'll have to put a new light in the front grill or a new battery in the radio..... :o:o

p.s. - at least my truck has lasted longer than the groundhogs and most crows in this area..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Edited by Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054

Certainly not building them like they used to!

Might think about replacing the ball joint(s) in pairs....iow, do both sides.

Thanks Cat. Yes, my mechanic has already indicated as such and I gave the 'o.k.'

I might be getting meowndangself a new truck. Ain't decided yet.

..........Widder

Have you priced new trucks? :wacko:

Long story short, my engine went out in my 02 Chevy S10 ZR2

I thought about a new 4x4 until I priced them. I installed a rebuilt engine and all new associated parts. It cost me 5 Grand but it's paid for.

I feel your pain, fellas. My '04 Mazda SUV has nary a scratch on her and just turned 160,000. Unfortunately, she has this phantom electrical problem that I'm afraid might do her in. I have things like dash lights going off and on, instrument lights going off and on, radio works sometimes etc. We'll have to see what happens next. I've warned Uno that she may decide she's tired of me and turn herself into a car-b-que. We'll see.

My father had a similar problem. The deep freeze died.

He complained for a week. "Last damn time I buy the floor display. Bought that in 58, and here it is 95 and it quits working. Didn't even get forty years out of it. That'll teach me. Next time I'll get one new in the box."

Edited by Alpo

I drove a 92 Toyota Corolla to 333,000 miles. Bought it with about 70,000 on it. Now I have a 2007 Tacoma just hitting 195,000. My daughter has our old Civic with around 260,000. We gave to her and she's put around 50,000 on it. Bought my wife a new Honda Fit and gave my daughter her old car.

I feel your pain, fellas. My '04 Mazda SUV has nary a scratch on her and just turned 160,000. Unfortunately, she has this phantom electrical problem that I'm afraid might do her in. I have things like dash lights going off and on, instrument lights going off and on, radio works sometimes etc. We'll have to see what happens next. I've warned Uno that she may decide she's tired of me and turn herself into a car-b-que. We'll see.

Have your car checked very carefully for mice.

When was the last time you had a new battery? I had a similar issue when I had a combination of weak alternator and a weak battery. I knew something was wrong when I was driving down the street, with the engine near idle, and the tach suddenly shot up to 6k rpms, dash lights started blinking, and the radio suddenly changing channels. After I pulled into the pizza shop and got my pizza, the car was dead. The shop owner gave me a jump and I got it back home. The next morning, I put in a new battery and the car was fine, for about a week, and then it wouldn't start. Charged the battery and took it to the dealer, who diagnosed a bad alternator. No problems afterwards.