SASS Wire Forum

OT: Disenfranchised!

Trailrider #896

According to news reports there is an investigation pending that is trying to disenfranchise my parents and grandparents, just because their place of residence is Chicago's Oakwoods Cemetery! Of course, any resemblance in how they would have voted before taking up residence there and their real preferences would have been purely coincidental. Now if that is too political for this forum...that's the way it has been since I was a little kid back in the '40's. I will say this...the "senior" mayor did keep the streets cleared after a big snowfall. (First city to require cars to be removed from main streets after (IIRC) 6-inches of snow in a 24 hr period! ;):P

I think it's a shame that Chicago's dead are now being discriminated against after all this time enjoying equal rights with the living.

:-)

• Like 1

(First city to require cars to be removed from main streets after (IIRC) 6-inches of snow in a 24 hr period! ;):P

For people who only had on-the-street parking, where were they supposed to put them? In NYC that only applied to designated snow routes, which didn't affect us much in the residential areas.

NOW the dead can't even park on the street, DESPITE their obvious handicap! Outrageous!!