SASS Wire Forum

60 Army Grips

Bailey Creek,5759

I have a pair of ASM Hartford pistols. I would like to put a pair of Gunfighter Grips .

Since they are made by Uberti and wont fit. I am wondering if someone makes grips that would wrap around the back strip.

To become like an 1860 grip.

Since I have a big hand the factory grips just wont work.

I don't believe you can have a stock that wraps around the front or back strap. I believe the front and backstrap must be uncovered. However, it can extend below the bottom of the backstrap.

You could order 1860 trigger guards, backstrap and stocks for a Pietta or Uberti and they will probably fit your guns pretty close.

1860 Army grips don't wrap around the backstrap, they are mostly just longer on the bottom. I must be missing something.

Your best bet is to get grips made. Even if you could find oversize grips for ASMs there's no guarantee they would fit. Case in point, I just received some 1860 Uberti grip straps and stocks I want to put on some Uberti SAAs and they don't fit as the back straps don't mate with the front strap. I found a place on the web, www.tombstonegrips.com that might be the way to go. I haven't done any business with them but it looks as if they can make special orders.

I had a pair of usfa saas that I bought but didn't think to order them with the army 1860 grips but I had shown alchemista some cand b guns that were swap out to use the 1860 army grip setups so when he came out with the alchemista pistol he gave me credit for that feature and gave me two frames, triggers and grips because of it and I bolted them right on the trigger needs to be reworked some but it works for me.