SASS Wire Forum

Marlin surprise

Widder, SASS #59054

Its common knowledge that we can get our 66's, 73's and 92 rifles with little efforts.

And we can get our Rugers, Cimmaron and Taylor SIX Shooters with little efforts.

When it comes to SG's, some are a little harder to acquire, AND so are some Marlins.

But I thought I would share a little known secret that might help some of you Pards who are looking for a Marlin 1894.

Boomstick Jay. That Texas outlaw/renegade feller is hiding all of them at his bunkhouse. This is unsolicited info but if I were looking for a specific 1894 Marlin (32-20; 25-20, .32 H&R, .38, 44, 45) I would pick up my phone and call him at his hideout down in TX.

Matter of fact, I think I might try to weasel a .45 Colt Cowboy out of his hands.

..........Widder

Hey Widder! long time no see.

Broomstick did my Shortstroke Rugers.

Its common knowledge that we can get our 66's, 73's and 92 rifles with little efforts.

And we can get our Rugers, Cimmaron and Taylor SIX Shooters with little efforts.

When it comes to SG's, some are a little harder to acquire, AND so are some Marlins.

But I thought I would share a little known secret that might help some of you Pards who are looking for a Marlin 1894.

Boomstick Jay. That Texas outlaw/renegade feller is hiding all of them at his bunkhouse. This is unsolicited info but if I were looking for a specific 1894 Marlin (32-20; 25-20, .32 H&R, .38, 44, 45) I would pick up my phone and call him at his hideout down in TX.

Matter of fact, I think I might try to weasel a .45 Colt Cowboy out of his hands.

..........Widder

What would you need with a 45 Colt? You may just hurt yourself after getting use to shooting those flea phart loads in the 32s.

Howdy KEY. Missed you at the NC State last summer. I plan to be there again this year, which I think is in November. Hope your Marlins are running well.

Warden: You must be talking about my Warthog, firesnortin .32 Marlin..... :lol::lol::lol:

My opinion, but the .45 in a lever rifle like the Marlin or Rossi can become a very formidable round for deer, hog or bear, when loaded properly. As I've stated before, a good handload in a short barrel rifle can give the same ballistics as a .454 Casull in a 6" barrel pistol.

Hope all is well with you.

..........Widder

Widder, We were remodeling the house from March till October Lot of my shooting stuff was in storage. Only got to shoot a couple monthly matches last year. Getting back into the swing again and plan on hitting the trail for shooting a bunch of matches this year. Planning most of my vacation time around matches!

Marlins are running good!

I use to hunt a lot. Then slowed down to just deer season. Then not even deer hunt in past 4-5 years. But I always thought wild boar hunting would be fun. But I have a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 that would work well for that.

Can't hog hunt in Missouri. The Conservation Dept got a grant from the US to eradicate all hogs in Missouri. They have made it illegal to shoot hogs. They claim it scatters the herds and make them more difficult to catch. They claim <_< to have caught and killed over 5000 in 2016. I sincerely doubt that number.

Their latest venture was to close a section of hiking trails and hire a helicopter and a gunner to shoot all the hogs in an area. Two days of flying time and not a cap popped. There's a few thousand $ down the drain. :angry:

Edited by Noz