SASS Wire Forum

We got a couple kids around here that appear to be pretty busy when it snows! I hired a snowplow guy though, just because he's here early in the morning when it snows more than 2". I can't always depend on the kids.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

I have not seen any in years .

But I have two snow blowers so ,

They may just pass me by

Last year two boys offered to shovel my drive and I took them up on their kind offer.

It was a wet and heavy snow and it was worth it.

• Like 1

I doubt you will find a kid nowadays who will shovel most walks and driveways for $5.00. Neighbor kid used to get $20-25, depending on the depth of the snow, how wet, etc. He did a good job, but...now he's off to college. Have to find another high school student in the neighborhood. :(

When I first got married to the practice wife back in 1973 we were renting an apartment from general Crooks granddaughter in Sheridan, Wy. I was working for $1.25 an hour and my rent was $75.00 a month. Mrs. Crook stopped me one snowy morning and asked me if I'd be interested in trading out part of my rent for shoveling snow. I said sure and started shoveling snow. I got $25.00 taken off my rent each month during the four months that we lived there and only had to shovel snow a half a dozen times. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I know kids who ride around on their quads offering to plow you out for a few $$$$$, I have seen some with shovels too. Our last storm dumped 37 inches on us.......

I think I've been asked once in the last 20 years if someone could shovel my snow, and that was by an adult. The kids look at the size of my driveway and just keep walking. There's a neighbor whose teenage grandson plows the driveway and shovels the walk. I hired him last year and again this year. He does a pretty good job and isn't expensive at all.

You're supposed to shovel snow? We just buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and wait for it to melt. (By the way, did I mention it was 75 today?)

We have about 5 feet on the North side where the snow slides off the roof. Currently at 210% of normal and 3 months to go. Could be interesting when it does melt.

I shovel my snow, got a 30' x 30" concrete pad in front of the garage in addition to a short 15' walk to the front door. Oh yes ....I'm still a kid at 75!