SASS Wire Forum

CAS clothing & leather in WA-area?

Rusty Buckhide

Howdy all cowgirls and cowboys! Greetings from the cold and snowy countryside in Norway!

My family and I are leaving Norway for a 5-day visit to the state of Washington and the town of Yakima to be exact, around April 11.

I was wondering if anyone (in this area?) knows if there is any decent stores in or around Yakima selling cowboy clothing, leather etc.? We'll be on the lookout for a dress (or something similar) and boots/ old-timer shoes for my sprouse, and maybe a WB-rig and leather cuffs for myself ...

Best regards,

Rusty Buckhide

I would contact the Yakima Black Rock Bunch, a SASS club located near Yakima. Their contact information is listed at http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_detail.php?Yakima-Black-Rock-Bunch-837

Ted Blocker makes quality leather for CAS. I have some of his products.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

I would contact the Yakima Black Rock Bunch, a SASS club located near Yakima. Their contact information is listed at http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_detail.php?Yakima-Black-Rock-Bunch-837

Ted Blocker makes quality leather for CAS. I have some of his products.

Good advice. Yakima is cowboy country so you should have no problem with modern outfits.

This is just my opinion, so do what you want to....

Think twice about the leather cuffs. They are difficult and uncomfortable. Especially, if you try to handle your firearms while wearing them. They were originally worn to protect against rope burns, burns from branding irons, cuts and scratches from brush and wire, etc., and you'll probably not use them while you are shooting your weapons.

Cat Brules