SASS Wire Forum

My Dad Would Have Slapped Me Silly

Subdeacon Joe

Ya know, Joe... I think he might've agreed wit'cha after he caught a glimpse...! ^_^

One of these days when I've had a drink or two and it's just us guys, I'll tell you about me as a 2nd Lt running into an army female drill Sgt at Ft. Sill OK in 1967.

In no way was she hot but she was memorable.

Edited by Noz

I believe I saw a "Star of David" on her sword. Pretty fancy looking blade :blink::blush:

Not wanting to shift hijack this thread, there is a "Star of David" near the hilt. I'm curious as to it's significance.

But back to the original topic... Bad but pleasant puns about "close order drill" come to mind. :wub:

Edited by Charlie Harley, #14153

Not wanting to shift hijack this thread, there is a "Star of David" near the hilt. I'm curious as to it's significance.

But back to the original topic... Bad but pleasant puns about "close order drill" come to mind. :wub:

I think you would get a quick refresher course in "close quarters combat".

You need to look up what the 6 pointed star mean. Study what it was used for.Look at it close.There are three different elements of six in it. 666 is the mark of the beast.That is not the star of David.

Y'know, Joe, that first picture gives a whole new meaning to "Women marching for our rights!" ;)

Several things I see in the photos.

Two different Sargent.

Check the stripes and ribbon layout.

Not sure of rate.

First photo has more than one woman in it.

Three others..maybe more.

The upper one's rank is Sergeant (E5). A Drill Instructor marching a female platoon. The second one's rank is Gunnery Sergeant.

If you mean rate, like in the Navy, rates do not exist in the Marine Corps.

Y'know, Joe, that first picture gives a whole new meaning to "Women marching for our rights!" ;)

A seriously true statement.

NCOs carry swords for only a few purposes. One of them is "ceremony, commanding troops under arms". Since all them orher BAMs is carryin' rifles, there is the "troops under arms". Wonder what the ceremony was?

Aside from the "different ribbons" and "different stripes", that top one looks like a redhead.

One should not mess with redheaded women who carry swords. If she's left-handed one should run like hell in t'other direction.

NCOs carry swords for only a few purposes. One of them is "ceremony, commanding troops under arms". Since all them orher BAMs is carryin' rifles, there is the "troops under arms". Wonder what the ceremony was?

Aside from the "different ribbons" and "different stripes", that top one looks like a redhead.

One should not mess with redheaded women who carry swords. If she's left-handed one should run like hell in t'other direction.

Seeing that the platoon is not quite in step, I'd say the ceremony is "training."

Yep. I think the thread I found it on talked of empowering women.

To those who pointed out that the photos are of different Marines, yes, I knew that. But the second one, I think, is pretty easy on the eye too. Maybe it's just armed women.

Several things I see in the photos.

Two different Sargent.

Check the stripes and ribbon layout.

Not sure of rate.

First photo has more than one woman in it.

Three others..maybe more.

You let me down, CH. You could have said "Just look at their racks."

Subdeacon Joe, I am a gentleman outwardly.

You as a red blooded American man should not have to be told how to look at a woman and appreciate her without expressing your inner thoughts which we ALL have. ;)

=================

And I would not use the term rack. As a navy person, a rack is a place to sleep when you get time. ;^)

These women are volunteers as are all now days.

That alone gets my respect.

They appear to take their job very seriously.

They all have my greatest admiration which seems a bit inadequate.

They deserve so much more as do all that serve in our military.

Past, Present and Future.

------------------

As far as knowing what rank or rate other services have, I don't know.

I was only in contact with Navy personnel except for the occasional base gate guard (Marines) or gang way sentry. (usually Navy but some times a Marine would hold the dock side post)

Then there is the time that has pasted. Over 45 years.

That's enough reminiscing for me.

Subdeacon Joe, I am a gentleman outwardly.

You as a red blooded American man should not have to be told how to look at a woman and appreciate her without expressing your inner thoughts which we ALL have. ;)

=================

And I would not use the term rack. As a navy person, a rack is a place to sleep when you get time. ;^)

Well, lets just say that Secretary of Defense Mattis has quite a rack

James-Mattis-500x333.jpg

He may be out of practice lately, but I bet those metal things handing below his ribbons mean he's a rifleman! (Ain't they all?!) I have only one thing to say about those images at the top of the thread...(probably get me in trouble with someone, but...) : BAM! :o:)

He may be out of practice lately, but I bet those metal things handing below his ribbons mean he's a rifleman! (Ain't they all?!) I have only one thing to say about those images at the top of the thread...(probably get me in trouble with someone, but...) : BAM! :o:)

LOL...

They tended to call the male Marines "HAMs"

My daughter in law is a retired Marine Corps Capt. and is probably in as good a shape as she was back then. She teaches aerobics and yoga classes now to stay in shape and earn extra money.