SASS Wire Forum

Looking for match award ideas

Kit Carson, SASS 60183

Other than buckles, trophies, plaques and certificates - what creative or interesting match awards have you seen? Looking for new ideas.

thanks

Kit

The last couple of years we have done medals. They were affordable and the shooters seem to like them. PM me your email and I can send you a pic of what we did

Another thing I have seen that was neat was shaped plaques, so instead of just square, they were in the shape of the state or a big badge or boot or hat

I've recieved star shaped Steel awards. A small tin bucket with a couple bullet holes in it. One of my cooler ones was a wolf statue carved out of stone. About the size of a softball carved with a dremel tool then polished. Another i really liked was a bowie knive with the match name etched into the blade

For the 2016 CO State match Pawnee Station did some nice metal and wood trophies with a water tower

ZDSCN3030.JPG

Side match and costume contest winners got license plate type things

ZZ999999.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the medals that Stirrups club handed out

14713527_10209735716543764_7993366153524

I thought these were nifty, metal cutouts on a horse shoe

11206074_10205865890760538_2703106471648

Here is another interesting one, a stained glass type of thing hand made by one of the host club's family members

972267_4419245899343_652903581_n.jpg?oh=

In my club our mascot is a squirrel. Clean matches get a white squirrel pin, disastrous matches may earn a black squirrel pin. As far as awards, we've had "customized" poker chips, as well as steel squirrel trophies, and other such things. At another match I won a couple of plaques that were laser engraved. I'm sure you'll find something. Just use a little imagination.

My favourite trophies are the traps mounted on a board that were awarded for category wins at the Idaho State

Black Powder Championships in Rexburg, Idaho. Everyone that sees them in my house finds them really unique and

attractive.

For several years, the Powder Creek Cowboys presented cowboy statuettes or figurines to their category and overall winners, small - medium - large depending on placement within the category. A little sign on a cord loop was hung on the statuette to designate category and placement. I've seen similar ones at Hobby Lobby. If the budget does not allow figurines for all awards, giving a figurine for first place and plaques for 2nd and 3rd would make them that much more special. I had the ones I won displayed in my living room and they make great conversation pieces.

At the The River City Regulators annual match, they give out cowbells as prizes. They are different sizes and colors, gold,silver and bronze according to placement. They have, I'm sure, computer generated stickers on them, one side name of the club and the logo and on the other side class and placement. They are fun to hang on your gun cart as they ring along as you move from stage to stage. They know you are coming, if you need to get someone's attention as you can get a grip on it and ring the heck out of it.

I even received embroidered hand towels in Alberta, Canada.

Not that I had a lot of trophies, but my wife hates to dust and I don't blame her. When I had a chance to pick the "trophies" for an event, I got glass mugs and had them etched. I never heard anyone who received one complain. Just my personal opinion, but drinking an ice cold beer out of frosted mug and remembering the fun winning it sure beats listening to the wife complain about dusting a trophy.

As MM mentioned, "crying" towels....also bandannas, .

wud T shirts with the award printed work??? usuable too

wud T shirts with the award printed work??? usuable too

only problem with that is one size does not fit all.

I could see a nice embroidered hand towel though, maybe.

Edited by Grizzly Dave

I had medals with our logo on them for our last 2 Oklahoma State BP Championships, Just looking around for maybe something different for our match in October. I like the Mug Idea

Rev

At H.O.W. last year, Wyoming State Championship, we got a hand made wood board section with a nicely printed poster on it with the place & category decoupaged on it. I do like buckles but hand made awards show dedication and hard work that is appreciated.

The buckles and plaques are nice but how many end up in a box personally I like the award , or a challenge coin, something small that shows the event, place, and category. After that the crying towel or gun cover with the event, category and place would work. I got a towel with my cart was going to buy a couple more but never got around to it at the se regional this year the entry included your choice of a towel with the event logo on it or a brass bag with it I took the towel as was full on bags.

Olympic type medals in Gold, Silver, and Bronze (plated of course).

Ribbons

Flags with award printed on them.

Stickers that can be attached to Gun Cart or wherever..

License plate holders.

Badges

Cowboy scarfs

Garters

Commemorative Coins

just a few off the top of my head