SASS Wire Forum

SASS Non Profit Status

Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life

Been awhile since I heard anything on the status of this. Looking back in the archives, seemed like there was an"anticipated" notice if the progress/non progress of SASS changing from a for profit to non profit. Is this a dead issue of did I miss something?

I don't know about the status of SASS becoming a non profit.

I lost track of that, along with the status of the pending law suit from local neighbors trying to shut down the range operations at founder's ranch.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Insulting
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Insulting

Why did the Kalifornians buy land next to EOT?

The business structure of SASS has always been a mystery. It sure still is a dark secret.

Interestingly, we are really not MEMBERS!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Reply to hidden thread
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Reply to hidden thread

The business structure of SASS has always been a mystery. It sure still is a dark secret.

I'm not really sure what that comment was supposed to mean but if it were not for Californians, you would not even be playing this game.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Insulting an insult?
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Insulting an insult?

Here we go again, with the stupid insults. :rolleyes:

Like Mike says-SASS started in Ca. Chew on that a spell. <_<

OLG

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Reply to hidden thread
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 24, 2017 - Reply to hidden thread

Damnation I just asked a simple question...no need to get insulting, a yes or no would do just fine!

• Like 1

Interesting how Cowboys think they need to know how the SASS business is run, how its organized, and what type of corporation they are.. But when you join the NRA as a "member" no one wonders how they're organized, how much people are getting paid, who owns what property.

We are paying a 'fee' to be part of SASS. Nothing more, nothing less.

And again for those of you who think Non-profit means they will be under the scrutiny of the people who pay for membership there is nothing requiring them to do so. The IRS is the only organization that has the ability to "look" into their business operations.

Ike

Interesting how Cowboys think they need to know how the SASS business is run, how its organized, and what type of corporation they are.. But when you join the NRA as a "member" no one wonders how they're organized, how much people are getting paid, who owns what property.

We are paying a 'fee' to be part of SASS. Nothing more, nothing less.

And again for those of you who think Non-profit means they will be under the scrutiny of the people who pay for membership there is nothing requiring them to do so. The IRS is the only organization that has the ability to "look" into their business operations.

Ike

Because the NRA clearly states in it's web site, that it's a NP 501C(4). <_<

http://www.nra.org/nic/

All the man did, was ask a question. What's the big deal? :rolleyes:

IIRC-It was the CEO of SASS, that first posted about going NP.

OLG

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz

Love my Colts Rye...love em...Jim

Non-Profit status for this Company... should be a slam-dunk. Wonder why not? Strange... ain't it? Only got to be owner-related. In the past... that's the only reason given to be by the Cincinatti Office... other than politcal considerations.... on the Form 1023 or 1024.

hmmm...

Anybody can get by them impediments. Piece of cake.... they got good accountants.

ts

Big Sage,

Most don't care about it. They just want to shoot and have fun. I think SASS is doing the best they can. I'm sure if it goes non-profit, Misty will let us know. I don't care which way they decide, I just want them to remain in business.

• Like 1

Rye Miles #13621, on 23 Jan 2017 - 8:51 PM, said:

Ya know....Colts really are better than Rugers!

Rye, Are you trying to stir the pot here or what? :angry::P:lol:

Grits, the NRA is comprised of several tax entities that are both 501{C) -3 and 4.

Because I like to determine how well the NRA progresses annually with membership revenue as an indicator, I go to the Guide Star website and read the various NRA Form 990's Guide Star keeps 3 years of Form 990's online

Only the SASS SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION INC and SASS MUSEUM AND COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING HALL OF FAME are listed as 501[C) 3's. So believe SASS has not become a 501{C) -3 or 4 yet.

• Like 1