SASS Wire Forum

How often do you shoot Non-cas

Rye Miles #13621

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

I don't have near as much free (non-SASS) trigger time as I used to, but I was a competitor in 600yd NM shooting with my M1A's.

I also competed in military combat state, regional and national matches with M9's & M16A2's up until 2015.

But SASS is so much more fun!!

Mustang

Nowhere near enough.

A few years ago, before starting our own business, I was shooting several times each month. Running .45ACP & 9mm about 2,500-3,000/month each, .38-.357 about 500/month, .243, .270, .308Win, .30-06 about 200/month each. .40-65 about 50/month (trouble finding ranges with enough distance to make it worthwhile). .30 Carbine (rifle) about 100/month, pistol (Blackhawk) about 50/month. .300 Savage, maybe 20/year (expensive and hard to find brass at a reasonable price).

Over the last nearly 3 years, shooting has dropped off dramatically. Owning and running a business not related to shooting can do that.

Getting back into shooting more often now but not where I was or want to be.

• Like 1

Up here we have a few clubs that at times allow a Wild Bunch Military category. (1911, Model 12 shotgun, Tommy Gun) We also have one club that once or twice a year sets up a course for "Cowboys and Aliens." Lots and lots of targets from up close to 100 yards. Any and all guns you want to bring are good to go. From Cowboy guns to AR's to M1's to???... No times, No misses or hits called. Just follow the course correctly. Blast as much ammo as you can afford and have fun.

• Like 1

There's a little guns store/range down in Sherman, TX that on Thursday nights they set up three targets, shooters take turns shooting each other's scenarios with a timer, and scored like IDPA. I've gone down a couple of times, really enjoyed it. Just like CAS, I'm about the world's worst at it, but it is fun. Usually 6 to 8 shooters show up.

One night when it was my turn to set up a scenario, I did it so you changed loaded a fresh mag while still having one in the chamber, instead of a slide lock mag change. No one had ever done that, they all seemed to really enjoy it. I've thought about bringing a shotgun to use on a fourth target, but I'd have to ask the leader if it would be OK.

I normally shoot 3 days a week. Far more than I shoot CAS. Skeet, Trap, 5 Stand, Bowling Pin matches, and lots of plane old plinking and shooting plate racks. It's all fun.

RBK

I try to at least twice a month when I'm home sometimes I practice with my carry gun a s&w m&p 45 other times it my rimfires with the silencer still other times I shoot my 300 blackout when I can find ammo lastly I shoot my ruger Presision rifle in 308 long range and then they're times when I shoot my other cas guns that I don't shoot during matches

Newt,

Tell me about the muzzle loader trail walk. Hows it set up and scored. Here at Tulsa Gun Club, We are building sporting clay ranges over across Coal Creek. We have another 260 acres we are building it on. Some of us on the board have been wanting to build one and now are in the process. With access after building a bridge, I would look into adding a muzzle loader walk on the South end. All 260 acres covered in large trees and foliage, Sounds perfect for muzzle loaders to come and shoot.

Rev

In March; I put on and shoot a tactical shotgun shotgun match, I have a class for any type shotgun including shooting your cowboy shotgun - cowboy style (only loading 2).

I have shot some IDPA; but it's been a while, I'll try and do some this year.

I really like to shoot our club's military rifle shoot with my 1917 Enfield and Garand; we put on a service pistol side match also, out comes the Luger and the S&W 1917.

I try to shoot trap any chance I get; with one of my cowboy shotguns, a little sporting clays from time to time.

I will be looking to get into some BP shooting this year.

Well,

I am fortunate to have the opportunity to shoot CAS/SASS 4-5 times a month. So, unless I go visit Widder during the week and he has a new toy, I rarely do any other shooting.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

How often do you shoot Non-cas

My extreme non CAS shooting is I drive 7 hrs one way on the average of 3 times a year to the Ridgway Rifle Cub in northern PA. The arsenal I take is usually 10 to 12 non CAS rifles with usually a 1000 reloads of BP & smokeless plus 2 or 3 non CAS handguns with 200 rounds for each. I spend a full week each trip shooting rifles from 44yds to 100yds, 200m to 500m on the silhouettes, 1000 yds on Homer the Buffalo and 700 to 1000yds on the steel silhouettes. I am usually at the different ranges from 9:00AM to 4 or 5:00PM each day. Then in the evening after dinner - shooting at the club's indoor range with the handguns. Otherwise, I am at our club at least once a month

Well, I just shot a subgun match yesterday with my Uzi, and next Saturday is a 2-gun action match...

And with my shootin' spot about 10 minutes from The Racho, I'd say pretty often on the weekends.

We shoot NRA bullseye in the Kootenai Valley Rifle & Pistol Club every Monday. There's a bullseye

league in the winter.

NRA bullseye matches are attended whenever I can build up the energy!!! :-)

1st and 3rd Sundays in season is CAS at Border Marauders, 2nd & 4th Sundays at El Buscadwros.

BPCR matches and championships on occasion.

SASS matches in other areas when we are able to attend.

CFDA matches at Border Marauders and other venues as scheduled.

Practice every day on my home raanges.

• Like 1