SASS Wire Forum

Replacement Nipple Wrench for Revolvers?

Ivery Keys #11974

Over the years I have had several nipple wrenches, mostly from starter kits or came with used revolvers. Nearly all have deformed with use. Any recommendations for a replacement wrench for standard revolvers? I have my ROAs covered because of the way their nipples are made. I need something for the copies which will not break or ruin Thanks,

Ivery

I made one out of a 3/16 nut driver. Cut a slot the proper width and ground the OD to fit my Remingtons. Also opened up the area around the nipples on the Remingtons. So far it has lasted 4 years. Screwdriver handle is easier to handle. If you are careful when filing the slot it will fit better than most nipple wrenches and won't deform the nipples.

I bought the Ted Cash ratcheting wrench and promptly lost the wrench so I use a screw driver handle with interchangeable bits and storage in the handle. Best nipple wrench available

As previously stated by the c&b masters ( PD, J-Bar and Noz), get a Ted Cash wrench and use with your multi-tip screwdriver handles. I put the TC nipple bit in with my brownells screwdriver case. Goes with me every time I shoot.

As previously stated by the c&b masters ( PD, J-Bar and Noz), get a Ted Cash wrench and use with your multi-tip screwdriver handles. I put the TC nipple bit in with my brownells screwdriver case. Goes with me every time I shoot.

+1

Most any will work. Some better than others. The most challenging is removing stuck nipples. So, I built this one from a small 1/4" drive socket notched to fit and to be used with the 1/4" square drive to 1/4" hex adaptor into an impact driver. I have even used it on original CB guns with good success

002_zps1340b8a8.jpg

Most any will work. Some better than others. The most challenging is removing stuck nipples. So, I built this one from a small 1/4" drive socket notched to fit and to be used with the 1/4" square drive to 1/4" hex adaptor into an impact driver. I have even used it on original CB guns with good success

002_zps1340b8a8.jpg

Hay Nate .

I bought one of them kits from you a few years ago.

For working on my 92's .

They work great .

I think you forgot to ad the Nipple wrench adapter to my kit though ! Lol .

Great idea :-)

I'm sure the screwdriver models work fine, but may be a bit big for range use. I bought two of the Tedd Cash ratchets (two D's, not a misprint; check the Tedd Cash website: http://www.tdcmfg.com/about.php) so I could slip one in possibles bag for use at the range, and a second to keep with my cleaning stuff at home. And yes, I have had to use it at the range.

this is the one I use I bought several so I can always find one. I have both the one for Rugers and the one for tresso nipples Edited by Blackey Cole

How many times I gotta tell ya, it is a "cone" wrench! N---les is a part of the anatomy that is not mentioned in polite society! Next youse guys will be referring to limbs as :ph34r: legs :ph34r: ! ;) Ladies, please cover your ears.

Cone is what Madonna (I think?) has, my 1851s have nipples...

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, looks like the recommendations are unanimous. As always, I appreciate your insights.

Edited by Ivery Keys #11974