SASS Wire Forum

2017 Iron Hero Match - Grand Island, Nebraska

StirrupTrouble

Shooter packs will be available at the range after work Wednesday and any time after

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Lodan B. Fast said:

I wonder why I let ( my friends) talk me into jwccfcgf. It will be fun had no time to practice. So it will be fun to watch. At least the people watching me. Truck is loaded except for the guns. Heading that way some time tomorrow. See you soon. 

It will be a hoot!  No practice here either... We should be entertaining to watch for sure!

See you at the match Lodan!

Major Art Tillery

I guess I will have to make sure to have my video cameras charged up and with me on Saturday, should make for some entertaining videos!

Started getting stuff ready for the trip, but still have more to get done.  I'll head out Friday morning with mom.  We're going to so see the quilt museum in Lincoln on Sunday.

Where you moving to Calico?

MIddletown, halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton....gonna be 10 minutes from the range that hosts Guns of August...if any of ya wanna come next year and need a place to stay, by then I should have furniture....

Otto Shootem and I are a maybe for dinner. All depends on when we get to town.

Sounds good guys. Just got home from setting up final things at range and working on posse boxes. I dropped off shooter packs. We put some extra things in for shooters. I have one shooter pack to take down tomorrow after work when I do my preshoot for a last minute entry. Any time you get in town and want to pick it up, drop by the park and they will be upstairs at the main office. Just see Stephen or whoever is behind the desk

Are you guys doing any kind of a cowboy swap table?

59 minutes ago, Marie Laveau said:

As we are driving along, Lodan says ‘maybe I should have shot those guns (that I bought and have never shot) before this match’. Could be fun. 

Gonna be a hoot! 

Major and I are really pretty much in the same boat. We are gunfighter incompetent.  

Fortunately all the BP smoke will obscure (HOPEFULLY) the total circus of my ineffectual gunfighter ability. I'll be shooting Gunflounderer class.  

:D

58 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Gonna be a hoot! 

Major and I are really pretty much in the same boat. We are gunfighter incompetent.  

Fortunately all the BP smoke will obscure (HOPEFULLY) the total circus of my ineffectual gunfighter ability. I'll be shooting Gunflounderer class.  

:D

Ok I am practicing my starting line... I mean it is the Josey Wales category!

Oh we are going to have a good time!

Major 

Pretty sure if you spit on the TO you'll get an SDQ, but I have to look it up to be sure...may be some allowance if done and also  Jose Wales starting line is used...

Car is mostly packed, can tell already it's gonna be a big bottle of advil weekend, but it's gonna be fun!

Did my preshoot today after work. Meh. Far from my best performance. Way too slow and some misses, but the stages were really fun. Also got a new red sash for my outfit thanks to Mustang Gregg.

Dantankerous, we did not have a cowboy swap meet planned but if folks want to put some things under the pavilion for sale or trade you guys are welcome to. We will have one at the state match

9 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Stirrup - you do know that the guys with the red sashes were the bad guys, right?  The red sashes made it easier for Wyatt to pick out his next target :D

Well, you know I am known to Stirrup some Trouble from time to time..... :)

Thanks to all that came out to the Hero match and who battled the wind all day. Results have been posted to the club website

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2017-iron-hero-match/

Just got back from this match.. Stirrup did a great job putting it all together once again!  Along with all those that helped him along the way.  It was also nice seeing some folks that I have not seen for sometime! 

I myself had a great time and am looking forward to getting back there in April for the Nebraska State Match!

A special shout out to Lodan B Fast and Dantankerous for joining in on the "Messed up" category of JWCCFCGF!  We did not shoot fast, it wasn't pretty... It was down right ugly... :P  but I for one had a hoot!  Thanks fellas  for joining in the endeavor... but not sure if i would do it again!! :ph34r: We had to battle cooler temperatures and lots of wind and oh so many misses...but we made it through!

14 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Just got back from this match.. Stirrup did a great job putting it all together once again!  Along with all those that helped him along the way.  It was also nice seeing some folks that I have not seen for sometime! 

I myself had a great time and am looking forward to getting back there in April for the Nebraska State Match!

A special shout out to Lodan B Fast and Dantankerous for joining in on the "Messed up" category of JWCCFCGF!  We did not shoot fast, it wasn't pretty... It was down right ugly... :P  but I for one had a hoot!  Thanks fellas  for joining in the endeavor... but not sure if i would do it again!! :ph34r: We had to battle cooler temperatures and lots of wind and oh so many misses...but we made it through!

The Good, The Bad, and The Really Ugly category....I take my hat off to you guys for doing it. It was entertaining to watch! :)

Archived