SASS Wire Forum

Musicians you never, ever expected to like

Chantry

The music Tom Jones was singing in the 70's was definitely not to my tastes and still isn't, so I never gave much thought to whether he was a talented musician. However since 2010 he has released 3 albums that are very different from his previous musical choices. Here he is doing a cover of a John Lee Hooker song.

Ha...Tom's a Rocker! I have always kind of liked his music but I think it has more to do with the era he was popular. That was a happy time in my young life.

I know I know .

I could not stand to hear Willy Nelson singing for a long time.

Now the Older I get the More I love his sound .

But then again .

The Older I get .

The better I was.

Just saying . LOL

I know I know .

I could not stand to hear Willy Nelson singing for a long time.

Now the Older I get the More I love his sound .

But then again .

The Older I get .

The better I was.

Just saying . LOL

Yup. Hearing loss will do that.

I never expected to find myself being a fan of Cindy Lauper!! Her second album had some cuts that caught my attention and showed that she had more than that silly "Girls Just Wanna' Have Fun" schtick going for her. As time has progressed, she has unveiled more than I'd have ever dreamed. She released a BLUES album a couple of years ago that was, as they say, OFF THE HOOK!!

Weird, but I'm a FAN!!

You'd never believe someone raised on the Texas Playboys, Ernest Tubb, Lefty Frizzell, and the like would ever even begin to appreciate the Stones....especially the guitar riffs. Well, in all, some of their music sounds a lot more country than whats out there now.

You'd never believe someone raised on the Texas Playboys, Ernest Tubb, Lefty Frizzell, and the like would ever even begin to appreciate the Stones....especially the guitar riffs. Well, in all, some of their music sounds a lot more country than whats out there now.

Sammy!! you been listening to "Dead Flowers"??? :lol::P

Check out "Waiting on a Friend"!

Never thought I'd be liking bluegrass but I'm amazed at the way some of those fiddlers play! Awesome!! It's great down to earth home grown music!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Never thought I'd be liking bluegrass but I'm amazed at the way some of those fiddlers play! Awesome!! It's great down to earth home grown music!

Rye, I went on Pandora and found "Instrumental Folk Music". I liked it so much I created my own station on there. Of course once you start "liking" certain songs Pandora plays more songs in the style that you "thumbs up" so my station is now more or less instrumental Blue Grass....and I used to be a Metal head.

• Like 1

Seveal months ago... was in the Wildhorse up in music-city. Sittin' at a table with a former manager fella... from a guy named John Anderson (hit-single... Swinggin')... and then the scarred-up guy at our table got up... and went and sang. Surprise like. Bocephus (sp?)... is that how you pronounce that name? But that fella can sing some good stuff... not just country stuff. He is shore scarred up some... like me... but his is much lot worst. He got hit in the head with a ugly-stick... dam. Not sure how he survived even... why he didn't report it none. gosh... he's tuff, no doubt.

The way I look at it... he's lucky to be alive. Am still tryin' to evaluate his gift to me... expensive... and I don't know him. Wonder what he wants in return. My only savin' grace... I don't have anythin' to give.... and I'm ````````````````

Speakin' of Musicians you never expected to like, I just heard a Blue Grass song by Steve Martin, yes, "The Jerk".

It was called "Saga of the Old West" by Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers on the album The Crow.

I really liked it.

I'll add that the advent of iTunes, Amazon and the various streaming internet sites opens up an entire new world for musicians and genres you never would have heard of before and the opportunity to check music for free before buying it.