SASS Wire Forum

Classified, Your experience.

Snakebite

Nothing but good experiences. I've bought and sold guns & gear. Never a problem.

The only thing I don't care for us if a seller requests PayPal (for gear, not guns) and ask that I send it as just money to a friend, instead of paying for an item. If you use PayPal services you ought to pay for them!

Hoss

+9900000000000000

If you use a service they deserve to get paid for it.

I've only bought items but all the transactions were perfect. Most shipped before they even received the funds. Everyone I've dealt with have been A #1 in my book & I also want to thank the Moderators as well!

Edited by clum553946

I have bought and sold all Positive.

I have even bought guns and sold back to the seller I had bought it from.

From day one I have found 99.9 % of the Cowboy and Cowgals are good honest people.

I think Society in general could learn a lot from the Cowboy way .

Nothing but Great!

I have bought and sold a bunch of things on the wire.. I've only had two deals that went bad. One was buying an 1897 Winchester copy the gun was not as represented the seller would not take the gun back. Karma truly was a bitch for this fella, he had some things in his life go wrong after that. The second was I paid for a rifle the fella never shipped it I had to get the police involved in that one

Mostly good, one really bad.

Bought an expensive Marlin from a guy who claimed it was a Spur/Carty short stroke. Well, since I loved the S/C I already had, I was willing to pay top dollar. However, when I got it, there were issues feeding the ammunition. Wouldn't feed the one that were flawless in mine. Tried different shapes and lenghts, to no avail. Ended up shipping it to Cowboy Carty who said THEY hadn't worked on it, and whoever had had left it unshootable. When returned, it was much better, though not flawless. 200 rounds thru it- 4 or 5 "glitches". So I bought another S/C identical to the bad one, and guess what? 400 rounds thru it and NO glitches.

Oh, and the seller? Assured me that it worked great for him. Never heard from him again after I asked for a sample of the ammo that worked great for him. Or after I demanded my money back.

So I have a SS competiton Marlin I have $1800 in, that I can't depend on.Anyone out there think THEY can make it work? I'll make you a good price.

Well, I've bought about a dozen items and all but one went smooth and the folks were honest about what they were selling, one even refused payment until I received the items and was satisfied, but there always has to be one!

I posted that I was looking for a good timer and a member replied saying that he had two, one of which was his backup timer and it had just been used a couple times inside his house so I bought it. The first impression upon opening the package was that it was NOT just used a couple times in the house, it looked to be rode hard and put up wet!

I pm'd the seller asking to return it since not only was it heavily used and scuffed up, it didn't even work! He replied that I was mistaken and he didn't offer refunds and the rest of my pm's went unanswered so I just chocked up the $75 and got a lesson about how some interpret the "cowboy way".

I've had two bad experiences. One was a purchase and the other a sale. It was a circus dealing with those two.

Aside from that, I've bought and sold firearms and other gear painlessly here on the Wire.

I hate it when there are posts Not Selling anything!

too many post selling nothing!

Humm, I looked through what I could, and this is the only one I found not selling, wanting to buy or give away something. So, I guess that this one post asking about this forum is too many to suit you. IMO, this is the perfect place to find out what folks think of the Classified forum. There are many who look here first, often, and only here. It is their opinion that I was wanting to hear. I had a recent less than stellar experience here, and just wondered if it was a fluke or a trend... sounds to me like it was a fluke.

Snakebite

Edited by Snakebite

I have bought or sold about two dozen guns on Gunbroker. Decent site. People know that it costs you to sell. Only about 10% of my sales contacted me with a lowball.

I have bought or sold six guns on Armslist. It is free. It does not walk a seller through building their post the way that GB does. Ever single sale had more than a few lowballers.

I have bought or sold about two dozen guns on Gunbroker. Decent site. People know that it costs you to sell. Only about 10% of my sales contacted me with a lowball.

I have bought or sold six guns on Armslist. It is free. It does not walk a seller through building their post the way that GB does. Ever single sale had more than a few lowballers.

I just got a lowball offer on an item I was selling on an auction site. Offered me half of my posted price. When I countered him with my "rock-bottom" price, he countered back with 10.00 above half price. That didn't even deserve an answer. I'm ignoring the guy now.

I posted a Buckmark in decent condition on one of the free sites for a price that I did quite a bit of research on to justify. Five emails in the first 30 minutes, all with lowball bids. One responder said 'I'll buy it for the right price.' I told him that the posted price was the right price and that I had others interested already. He came back with a lower offer.

Idjuts!!

It reminds of a gunshow conversqtion that I saw and laughed at:

New in box Win 70 cards says MSRP $750, for sale $700

Idjut offers $600 to the seller

Seller says no, $725

Idjut says the card shows $700

Seller says $700 to others, $725 to you

Idjut says okay, $675

Seller says $750

Idjut says I am confused. You keep going up on the price.

Seller just smiled and said You don't take hints very well.

Idjut finally walked away no smarter and without a nice Win 70.