SASS Wire Forum

Classified, Your experience.

Snakebite

What has been your experience Buying or Selling on the SASS Classified? I've completed quite a few deals using the SASS wire and they have gone very well. I find that most folks in our Cowboy community are a honest bunch of folks who do what they say. Most!

Snakebite

Edited by Snakebite

Always positive.

Good folks here. Trustworthy.

I have used the classifieds for pistols, rifles, leather, reloading equipment, long range rifles, Gunsmithing and hard to find parts.

My approach is always to ask for what I need knowing that many of us have guns and gear hanging around we have long moved on from. Have almost always had more than fair pricing. Hey, sometimes when you want something of quality that is hard to find, you pay the price. Worth every Penney.

Only once did I have an issue with something that was not even functioning and not as represented. I just accepted that it can happen, paid for repairs and moved on. For the most part everyone has been great.

At least half of my current gear came from the wire. I also acquired some guns and even sold a few. Those that I've sold have all come at a loss, and yet I couldn't have been happier. The pleasure of dealing with fellow cowboys makes it all worth it. Like others have said, not one problem.

Are we buying or selling experience?My experience buying from the wire has always been good.What can I get for this.My experience selling on the wire has been good also. What am I offered for this.Now the trading on the wire has been the best.Any takers here.

I don't have many buy/sell transactions, probably due to the Forums rule against a non-SASS member (I've been a member of the Forum since 2013) posting items for sale. I've been allowed to post items for the "Stuff for Free" and gladly given item(s) I no longer have a need for such as 45 Colt brass, ect. Of the transactions I've been envolved with (buying) ALL have gone smoothly and I appreciate that fact, great bunch of guys/gals on this site.

I understand why the rule, but I have a suggestion, if I may, that might help those such as myself (to old and living in a remote part of the country) participate in a vicarious way in SASS activities. How about letting Forum members, in good standing buy and SELL if 1) They are a member here for over a year and have a certain # of posts (x number) . Also maybe a special SASS non-member number , like a paid membership designation. I and probably others have equipment, guns, ect that would/could be utilized by others on this Forum.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I have bought stuff here and generally found everything as described and the dealings cordial. I don't sell here because I'm not techie enough to post pictures given the hoops SASS requires a seller go through to get them posted. And most of my buying and selling is for original guns and there are better markets than here for original items. That's not to say anything against SASS members but other venues offer lots more shoppers.

I've bought and sold items too numerous to recall. Never had a problem with a Classified buyer or a seller. Never had a problem with member's personal check. Only problem I ever had was with a vendor who's not with us any longer... but, that's not the Classified Wire, so that doesn't count. Maybe it's because we only buy and sell among SASS members, and we have shooting pards that we hold ourselves accountable to. If we want a bigger venue to buy and sell, we all know where to look, but for Cowboy stuff, I'm very comfortable with the SASS Classified Wire. (by the way, I post lots of pictures of my stuff, and it's really easy).

Out of all of the buying and selling I've done through the Classifieds I had one person not buy the item that he said he was going to buy. I have probably done 70-80 transactions in the last 5 years and they've all gone very well with that one exception and then all I had to do was re-list it and it sold within hours. Capt. Squeeze, like the old AMEX commercial said " membership has its privileges."

Edited by Yul Lose

Only have had 1 buy where I had to spend a couple of months running the feller to ground to convince him to send the gun to me. He was a pard on the way out of the game, and I guess it didn't matter much to him what his reputation would be. Probably twenty other transactions with you pards, and every one has been from good to wonderful.

Thanks to you all, and keep up the good work. It's the Cowboy Way.

WE ARE NOT POST_TRUTH AGE HERE! GJ

I have never run across a finer group of people and I was paid good money to say that!

Seriously though, I'm no spring chicken and I have never dealt with a nicer, more trusting, more honest group of people. Cowboy (and Cowgirl) shooters are terrific people. AND the safest young shooters I have ever run across are their sons and daughters and in some cases GRANDsons and GRANDdaughters. I don't know why I didn't discover you folks sooner!

Out of all of the buying and selling I've done through the Classifieds I had one person not buy the item that he said he was going to buy. I have probably done 70-80 transactions in the last 5 years and they've all gone very well with that one exception and then all I had to do was re-list it and it sold within hours. Capt. Squeeze, like the old AMEX commercial said " membership has its privileges."

My moniker is captqueeze, not capt squeeze.

Best wishes Yule Loose.

I don't have many buy/sell transactions, probably due to the Forums rule against a non-SASS member (I've been a member of the Forum since 2013) posting items for sale. I've been allowed to post items for the "Stuff for Free" and gladly given item(s) I no longer have a need for such as 45 Colt brass, ect. Of the transactions I've been envolved with (buying) ALL have gone smoothly and I appreciate that fact, great bunch of guys/gals on this site.

I understand why the rule, but I have a suggestion, if I may, that might help those such as myself (to old and living in a remote part of the country) participate in a vicarious way in SASS activities. How about letting Forum members, in good standing buy and SELL if 1) They are a member here for over a year and have a certain # of posts (x number) . Also maybe a special SASS non-member number , like a paid membership designation. I and probably others have equipment, guns, ect that would/could be utilized by others on this Forum.

Just a suggestion.

I just saw a post where some folks didn't even want non-SASS members to post. The Moderators here volunteer their time and I do not want an increase in workload to verify such things. Also, changes in programming cost money.

Any changes to the forum should be brought up with the SASS Office staff. You can contact them using the following link. http://www.sassnet.com/AskSASSForm.php

Only have had 1 buy where I had to spend a couple of months running the feller to ground to convince him to send the gun to me. He was a pard on the way out of the game, and I guess it didn't matter much to him what his reputation would be. Probably twenty other transactions with you pards, and every one has been from good to wonderful.

Thanks to you all, and keep up the good work. It's the Cowboy Way.

WE ARE NOT POST_TRUTH AGE HERE! GJ

Huh? What does the part I've emphasized in red font mean?

Regards,

Allie

I've bought and sold on the SASS wire. All transactions have gone well. I've gone into it figgerin' if I can't trust a fellow Cowboy/Cowgirl who can I trust. A couple things I sold I shipped B4 getting paid based on the Cowboy trust and wasn't let down.

This is the best bunch of Pards going, in opinion.

I just saw a post where some folks didn't even want non-SASS members to post. The Moderators here volunteer their time and I do not want an increase in workload to verify such things. Also, changes in programming cost money.

Any changes to the forum should be brought up with the SASS Office staff. You can contact them using the following link. http://www.sassnet.com/AskSASSForm.php

Huh? What does the part I've emphasized in red font mean?

Regards,

Allie

You're the best Allie, Thank you for all you and the other Moderators do for us.

The best thing about the wire is the people.I have bought 3 AWA .38s off the wire and the seller let me put them on layaway.I could not have bought them any other way.I bought two SS cap and ball pistols that the seller let me put them on layaway.I could not have bought them any other way.The cowboys and cowgirls that are here are the nicest people in the world.

One bad in 12 years. Lots of good. Always ship sold stuff on a "look at it first" then send the $. Even gunz.

I thank the Moderators for thier time and interest. A great bunch, ALL!!!

Parson

Now if I could just get the state CA to acknowledge how good we are!!!

Only one bad one. Initially, anyway. But the seller gave me a full refund and told me to keep the item, as return shipping would be prohibitive, considering what I paid.

A few years ago, I was looking for a small frame .38 for my daughter, and the seller sent me the revolver and said, "If you like it, send me $XXX.xx, and if you don't, send it back." Might have been Parson John Tourmann above, I don't remember.

Terrible experience! Not one person has offered up a set of Ruger 44-40 Jimmy Spurs tuned pistols for $800 shipped.... And that has me mighty upset!

But other then that, nothing but great things to say. Bought many items that shipped out to me even before they had money in hand. Always thought that was just an awesome display of the cowboy way.

Major Art Tillery

Edited by Major Art Tillery

Nothing but good experiences. I've bought and sold guns & gear. Never a problem.

The only thing I don't care for us if a seller requests PayPal (for gear, not guns) and ask that I send it as just money to a friend, instead of paying for an item. If you use PayPal services you ought to pay for them!

I've bought and sold on the SASS wire. All transactions have gone well. I've gone into it figgerin' if I can't trust a fellow Cowboy/Cowgirl who can I trust. A couple things I sold I shipped B4 getting paid based on the Cowboy trust and wasn't let down.

This is the best bunch of Pards going, in opinion.

Most of the folks go by the admonition that their word is their bond. I've only found one person in all these years who has tried to cheat me. Hey, if he needs the money that bad, he can keep it.