SASS Wire Forum

Most Memorable Character

Widder, SASS #59054

Who is/are your most memorable characters from TV or Big Screen?

MIne, from a pure entertaining enjoyment of their character:

BARNEY Fife

FESTUS Hagen

..........Widder

John Wayne .

Blondie.

Tuco.

Angle eyes.

Matt Dillon .

Festus Hagen .

Lucas Mcain.

Rowdy Yates .

Hoss Cartwright.

Adam Cartwright.

Dwight Schultz as Howling Mad Murdock on the A Team. Or, was it Mr. T as B.A. Baracus or George Peppard as Lt. Col. John Hannibal Smith. I loved all of the characters and it was my favorite show for a while, even though they showed the same jeep rolling over and over. :lol:

Dwight Schultz as Howling Mad Murdock on the A Team. Or, was it Mr. T as B.A. Baracus or George Peppard as Lt. Col. John Hannibal Smith. I loved all of the characters and it was my favorite show for a while, even though they showed the same jeep rolling over and over. :lol:

As I recall the Report of Survey (that's what they call the process of accounting for loss of military equipment) a rolled jeep was $600 and the radio was $2500. M14 was $120.

I have too many to list but Barney Fife was awesome. I recently finished watching the entire series of the Andy Griffith show on Netflix and Barney made my day every day I watched. After season 5 the show just wasn't the same without him.

Just as an aside, throughout season 1 -5 in nearly every episode the rifle rack in the sheriff's office was rearranged. I often wondered if it was a little unspoken / unpromoted humor that Barney fooled around with the long guns when no one was around... :D

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Most memorable character from the big screen, Professor Fate from The Great Race.

I like your style Doc, one of my favorite movies. Gotta say tho, Peter Falk's 'Max' is every bit as memorable to me. One could not have existed without the other. What a great duo.

"Push the button, Max!" :lol:

• Like 1

My nomination:

Burl Ives in The Big Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMiD6PU8SKI

One of my favorite Westerns, with great performances by Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Ives, Jean Simmons, and even a sniveling Chuck Connors. Could have wished for better from Carroll Baker, but it was the character I really disliked.

LL

My nomination:

Burl Ives in The Big Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMiD6PU8SKI

One of my favorite Westerns, with great performances by Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Ives, Jean Simmons, and even a sniveling Chuck Connors. Could have wished for better from Carroll Baker, but it was the character I really disliked.

LL

That had to be a tough role for Chuck Connors. In real life he was quite the athlete and I doubt many of those "Hollywood Icons" would have a chance against him in a real altercation.

Might be Jack Elam's character in "Rio Lobo"!!

Or Arthur Honeycutt's "Bull" in El Dorado!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393