SASS Wire Forum

original Winchester long guns

evil dogooder

I stopped by the local toy store and saw these today. I don't get anything out of the deal just thought id pass the info on.

1886 in 40-65. #657xx asking $1850 long octagon barrel

1887 in 10 gauge long barrel. #304xx $1200

1892 in 25-20 octagon barrel #3854xx $895

1873 made in 1894. In 32-20 octagon barrel $1695

The stores info is little crow shooting sports in hutchinson mn. Phone 320 587 9829 ask for jim or katie

Edited by evil dogooder

Jim is a good friend.. I drooled over the 86 but I finally received 15000 primers in so my fun fund is tapped out

Anyway you could send pictures of the rifles?

Let me know if there is a prefered way to send.

Thanks,

J. Harlan

They don't belong to DoGood'r . . . . he gave a phone no. for the shop that has them. . . . .

J harlan. Wolfgang is right. I don't own them out have possession of them. I'm not headed that way till next week but I'll see if the owner will let me take some pics if you can tell me what you'd like to see I'll try to get them for you

I sense a continuous drop in value for guns in .25-20, likely due to the lack of availability of ammo or brass. Making .25-20 out of .32-20 or the even rarer .218 Bee will get more challenging unless Bertram or someone else starts making the brass.

Reloading 25-20 is the only way to go unless your ridiculously wealthy. Around here the only factory loaded ammo goes for $62 per box

That 1887 10 gauge sounds interesting. Any chance you remember the condition it is in?

On edit:

Wow. I just looked up their location on Google Map. They're basically located a tractor drive away from my grandparents' farm, just NW of Olivia, when they were alive and farming. Small world. :)

Edited by Dantankerous

Dantankerous. Its in pretty good shape for its age. A small dent in the mag tube. Not deep enough to hinder feeding. Cycled smoothly. Shootable.

Good patina. I don't remember anything that stood out about the wood. However i spent most my time looking at the 86

Thanks. I might give them a call.

:)