SASS Wire Forum

Navy question..........Okay nevermind

Utah Bob #35998

Watching the festivities, I saw a female Navy Lt. directing VIPs to their places. Then I saw another female Lt. in another group. Both are wearing dress blues but the first had on the traditional female cap and the other had on the male cap. ....? I was confused, but I found this. Changes are taking place in the most tradition bound arm of the services.

https://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/10/09/sweeping-uniform-changes-emphasize-gender-neutrality/73602238/

I am still trying to figure out why women want to look and dress like men?

I think women are much prettier and I thought, smarter. Maybe not so much.

But then again, probably nobody cares what an old man thinks, except the old man.

I could'nt help but notice the extreme roll on dixie cup's of the enlisted.....

That would have never passed in my Navy time

• Like 1

Aboard ship - Okay. Off on Liberty or out in public- No way.

I'm yet to come across one who does want to wear the male uniforms. There is more complaining about the constant changing of the uniforms- be they dress, service, or working- then there is about what they might look like. Buying all of those new uniforms items costs a pretty penny.

The servicewomen I know don't exactly find ANY uniform flattering. While male uniforms mimic civilian clothing that would be worn by a male, female uniforms don't. However, they are certainly better for females than the male uniforms are! It's also worth noting that all of the working uniforms (NWU, MARPAT, coveralls, etc) are gender-neutral. If you're here to work, put on your clothes, and do your job.

If you want another shock, search some pictures of female Marine officers wearing the male dress blue jacket and cover...!

I think women are much prettier and I thought, smarter. Maybe not so much.

But then again, probably nobody cares what an old man thinks, except the old man.

Such has been my observation. :(

+1 If I went to a Captains inspection with my cover rolled like that my division Chief would have kicked my ass from here to Sunday!

UB, just more crap from Mabus. He still thinks that boys and girls are all alike and there's no difference between them. Mabus has done more damage to the US Navy than all our enemies since John Paul Jones was a Boatswain's Mate. Hopefully Gen. Mattis and the new SECNAV will reverse and put an end to all this happy horsehockey.

PF

We went through all that with females wearing female uniforms then all of a sudden they are wearing male uniforms. The RCMP included. If the reverse was true they would be called transvestites.

Apparently SOP for the Ceremonial Guard in DC

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_090108-N-7948R-006_ailors_assigned_to_the_U.S._Navy_Ceremonial_Guard_headquarters_help_each_other_prepare_for_a_uniform_inspection.jpg

Edited by Utah Bob #35998