SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2017

Flat Top Okie

Sounds like a great way to run it. I don't have a chance in heck in shooting in it, but if I'm not back at the hotel taking a nap when it comes around, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to watch.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

Thanks for your interest in the Top Gun Shoot Off. We have been doing the Top Gun Shoot Off for a number of years and we have experimented with the format, trying several methods, designed to generate the most interest and

participation. The Shoot Off became much more popular when we added the brisket dinner. The Top Gun Shoot Off will be open to all registered shooters. All shooters and spectators should report to the Adobe Wall (Stage One) when the final stage of the day has been completed on Friday (Approximately 4:00 PM). Names will be drawn to assign competitors (straight draw). Men and women will compete separately. We expect a large number of shooters to participate. Only clean shooters will advance until we reach the final round.

The most current shooter list is on our website.

Thanks again,

Flat Top Okie

HI All,

After we enter applications this evening, Mae will forward names to our website person and he will post the updated shooter list. If you are not on the last and have sent your entry, please e-mail us.

Thanks for the great response. see you next month.

Flat Top

Looking forward to another great Land Run.

Irish Tom.

The Application deadline is two weeks from today, applications must be received by March 23.  There are still RV spots with hook-ups, and a few warm-up match spots.

I've had several questions about our refund policy:

*Full refund up to application deadline.

*From 3/23 - 3/30, deduct $10 plus any banquet tickets ($40 each)

*After this, no refund, exceptions are possible, dependent on circumstances.

Feel free to contact me with any questions: missourimae@gmail.com / 405-373-1472

On 3/9/2017 at 10:28 PM, Shady Willie Brown said:

Great shoot only missed one time in the last nine years! Looking forward to this year!

Memphis Raines and I are looking forward to seeing you and Dawg!

13 hours ago, The Brisco Kid #26032 said:

Just got a new password to use the new SASS Wire. Kiamichi and I plan to be there as well. Someone has to keep an eye on Shady Brown.

The Brisco Kid

Just in case you didn't know, National Champions in every category have a 20 second per stage penalty added to their score to allow normal people just to have a chance.

29 minutes ago, Noz said:

Just in case you didn't know, National Champions in every category have a 20 second per stage penalty added to their score to allow normal people just to have a chance.

I agree with Noz. We then might have a chance.  Noz,  I love the new grips.  Thanks for showing me yours.

I inlet Indian head pennies into mine. Right gun has the penny on the right side and the left on the left. Pretty cool.

Hi All,

We weren't able to enter applicants this past weekend, but we will enter all that have come in the last couple of days tonight. Watch for your e-mail confirmations

and check the shooter list. Time is getting short, if you have not sent yours. See you soon.

Flat Top

Sadly I have to cancel. Something popped in my L knee and have been in pain and limping badly since. MRI results are worse than expected. Consulting with the surgeon March 29th.

Y'all have fun.

Sorry to hear that Chili Pepper. Hopefully we can hook up at Iowa State again

21 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Sadly I have to cancel. Something popped in my L knee and have been in pain and limping badly since. MRI results are worse than expected. Consulting with the surgeon March 29th.

Y'all have fun.

I feel your pain, left knee for me as well, I get an MRI tomorrow, and depending on the outcome of that I may have to c...c..... you know, do that C word.  I sure hope not.  I think with a good brace and a bucket of pain pills I might could get it done...

2 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

I feel your pain, left knee for me as well, I get an MRI tomorrow, and depending on the outcome of that I may have to c...c..... you know, do that C word.  I sure hope not.  I think with a good brace and a bucket of pain pills I might could get it done...

Every brace I've tried just makes it worse.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:21 PM, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Y'all have fun.

Dang that sucks pard!  Take care of that knee and hope to see you down the trail!

Major Art Tillery

Hello Dave following are the vendors that will be attending:

Big Ear

Cowboy Shooter Supply

DD Custom Leather

Double D Steel

Giby Made Leather

JD Outfitters

Sports Photography

The Gun Shop

Work-N-Ranch

So no hat person, but there are several hat stores within driving distance of the club.

Archived